• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Excellent Article About Antis' Mentality

demnogis

imported post

I'm not Jewish nor promoting any religion, but I received an e-mail from a family member with a link to this organization's article. I found it to be a very good read! It also gives a better breakdown of victims' (most people today classify themselves as this) mentality with guns and ownership. I suggest it!

Raging Against Self Defense:
A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentalityhttp://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

AZkopper

imported post

Thanks for finding this again for me. I haven't seen it for several years.

How is the OC nowadays, I escaped Kalifornia several years ago.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

"I'd rather be raped than have some redneck militia type try to rescue me."

This is a quote from the top of the posted link above. I have heard about these kinds of people and have always wondered if they really had the courage of their convictions. If you ever run across someone like this who is actually in the process of being raped or worse, leave them to their own devices. Let them fend for themselves. This is the kind of person that we definitely do not want to be spreading their genes around and polluting the rest of America with their extreme nonsense. Better they suffer the consequences of their absurdity than risk one's self trying to save them from their attacker.

Huck

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
I have similar feelings myself. If I know that someone's a lib I aint going to do squat to help them. I dont care if he/she slipped on ice, is drowning, or has some thug attacking them. Besides, I fully believe that if I did help a lib, no matter what the problem, theturd would get all over me because I didnt help them fast enough or more efficiently. I heard that crap from them many times when I was a Fireman.Screw 'em!

III

GWbiker

imported post

"If people carry guns, there will be murders over parking spaces and neighborhood basketball games."

I was at the indoor gun range this afternoon. As usual it was packed with people carrying and shooting guns. Everybody had at least one gun on them. The counter help had OC guns. Dozens of people armed to the teeth.

And there was no violence; people were friendly and pleasant to each other.

Perhaps an anti could explain why there was no violence at that indoor range?

compmanio365

imported post

Huck wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
I have similar feelings myself. If I know that someone's a lib I aint going to do squat to help them. I dont care if he/she slipped on ice, is drowning, or has some thug attacking them. Besides, I fully believe that if I did help a lib, no matter what the problem, theturd would get all over me because I didnt help them fast enough or more efficiently. I heard that crap from them many times when I was a Fireman.Screw 'em!

III
That lib would probably berate you for being a "vigilante", then find some prick lawyer to take a civil suit out on you for whatever lame excuse they could cook up. It just doesn't pay to help libs. Leave em to their own devices; maybe they can try to "understand" their attacker and whine them to death......

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

GWbiker wrote:
I was at the indoor gun range this afternoon. As usual it was packed with people carrying and shooting guns. Everybody had at least one gun on them. The counter help had OC guns. Dozens of people armed to the teeth.

And there was no violence; people were friendly and pleasant to each other.

Perhaps an anti could explain why there was no violence at that indoor range?

Several years back at the indoor range I use, a considerably older man entered with his gun holstered (a clearly posted no-no) and immediately muzzleswept the openly armedrange officer. The range officer quickly accepted the gun, unholstered and cleared it. He then made it abundantly clear why he was so displeased with this customer. The embarrassed and indignant customer left without further adieu.

The point is no one was shot during the rapid, heated exchange of words. Antis don't have a clue as to reality.

Oh yeah, thanks for the article demnogis. That'sa good read.

SouthernBoy

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:

This is a quote from the top of the posted link above. I have heard about these kinds of people and have always wondered if they really had the courage of their convictions. If you ever run across someone like this who is actually in the process of being raped or worse, leave them to their own devices. Let them fend for themselves. This is the kind of person that we definitely do not want to be spreading their genes around and polluting the rest of America with their extreme nonsense. Better they suffer the consequences of their absurdity than risk one's self trying to save them from their attacker.

I should have said the following when I made the above post.

This is one position to take, though it may be somewhat extreme to let someone suffer or even die because of their stupidity. Would I do this? I rather doubt it. So I just threw this out for what it's worth as food for thought. Perhaps by helping someone who happens to think like this, we might actually turn them around so they can face reality instead of some smoke and mirrors view of the world.

There, I feel better because in re-reading what I wrote, it appears a bit heartless. Don't wish to do that. I'd rather the victim see the light and come over to our side.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Excuse me ma'am, but I'm about to use a firearm in your defense, and I was wondering if you're the type of person who would rather continue being violently raped than have me assist you right now?

SouthernBoy

imported post

In scanning the article, I am reminded of the passages in the book, "Unintended Consequences" regarding the holocaust in Europe during WWII. Then I look around here in our country and there always seems to be a high percentage of Jews who favor strict gun control or worse, complete removal of civilian firearms.

Of any identified group, you would think that Jews would be among the most vociferous of all people in favor of Second Amendment protections. And the holocaust was not the first mass pogrom carried out against Jewish people. If I were a Jew, I would be such a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I'd drive my friends and family nuts.

Tomahawk

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
In scanning the article, I am reminded of the passages in the book, "Unintended Consequences" regarding the holocaust in Europe during WWII. Then I look around here in our country and there always seems to be a high percentage of Jews who favor strict gun control or worse, complete removal of civilian firearms.

Of any identified group, you would think that Jews would be among the most vociferous of all people in favor of Second Amendment protections. And the holocaust was not the first mass pogrom carried out against Jewish people. If I were a Jew, I would be such a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, I'd drive my friends and family nuts.
On the other hand, JPFO is among the most radical RKBA organizations.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
I'dLIKE to be raped ratherthan have some redneck militia type try to rescue me." OoooooH I shiver all over.:p

I fixed the true meaning.:cool:

Well, I guess for some of them it's the only time they ever.....(you know). ;)

Maybe we should do like they trained us in the Red Cross First Aid class for first responders when we come upon someone having a siezure, chiking, etc. - tap them gently on the shoulder and ask if they need assistance.

SouthernBoy

imported post

grishnav wrote:
Huck wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
I have similar feelings myself. If I know that someone's a lib I aint going to do squat to help them.

So you wouldn't help Lonnie Wilson?

[/quote]
Good Lord, the above part under my sig makes is sound like I said that. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Words truly fail me. This is among the STUPIDEST GODDAMNED THINGS EVER TO BE EXPRESSED BY A HUMAN BEING.

Rape is not simple sexual intercourse. It has been erroneously defined as a "crime of domination that has nothing to do with sexual desire but with the desire to have power over others". Listen, idiots. To commit rape you need a hardon. To get a hardon you need sexual desire. Maybe wielding power over a weaker self turns a rapist on, but at the end of the discussion it is about fulfilling the rapist's sexual fantasies.

IF I EVER RUN ACROSS A RAPE IN PROGRESS I WILL DAMN SURE INTERFERE WITH IT EVEN IOF IT IS ONLY BY CALLING THE COPS. Is this idiot saying (I know a couple of rape victims) that she would rather be so traumatized as to say feel as if she has to wear eight layers of panties for the rest of her life, as opposed to having someone spare her the brutality of being violated and possibly given a chronic and/or fatal disease??? I suggest this idiot talk to a few women and maybe even men who have been sexually brutalized.

One thing is fairly certain: the person making this statement has never experienced what the phrase "forcible rape" can mean. It is not the boy next door sticking his hand down your blouse. I gaurantee the jejunne, peurile little twit who said this utter foolishness that if she were to find herself at the hands of a genuine beastly forcible rapist she would be praying to God for a deliverer, and she would not particularly care who, at least util she was safe.

Alexcabbie

imported post

PS: the rest of the article cited was very well thought out and has some helpful info in deaking with misguided antis. But anyone who says he or she would rather suffer rape than be rescued by whatever force could be brought to bear is either a complete idiot or someone who harbors rape fantasies. These are ultimately unfulfilable, as one cannot rape the willing.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
PS: the rest of the article cited was very well thought out and has some helpful info in deaking with misguided antis. But anyone who says he or she would rather suffer rape than be rescued by whatever force could be brought to bear is either a complete idiot or someone who harbors rape fantasies. These are ultimately unfulfilable, as one cannot rape the willing.
Anyone that would prefer to be violently molested rather than defend themselves with deadly forceapparently needs theirself-inflected victemhood validated.

Tomahawk

imported post

Well, there are willing victims and then there are willing victims. I don't think an Amish farmer, who is prohbited from defending himself against both physical and legal threats, has the same mentality as a leftist gun-hater. One is motivated by religious faith, the other by...well...who knows what goes on inside that melon.