• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Excellent Article About Antis' Mentality

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Well, there are willing victims and then there are willing victims. I don't think an Amish farmer, who is prohibited from defending himself against both physical and legal threats, has the same mentality as a leftist gun-hater. One is motivated by personal convictions born of religious faith, the other by...well...who knows what goes on inside that melon.

Shorts

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Words truly fail me. This is among the STUPIDEST GODDAMNED THINGS EVER TO BE EXPRESSED BY A HUMAN BEING.

Rape is not simple sexual intercourse. It has been erroneously defined as a "crime of domination that has nothing to do with sexual desire but with the desire to have power over others". Listen, idiots. To commit rape you need a hardon. To get a hardon you need sexual desire. Maybe wielding power over a weaker self turns a rapist on, but at the end of the discussion it is about fulfilling the rapist's sexual fantasies.

IF I EVER RUN ACROSS A RAPE IN PROGRESS I WILL DAMN SURE INTERFERE WITH IT EVEN IOF IT IS ONLY BY CALLING THE COPS. Is this idiot saying (I know a couple of rape victims) that she would rather be so traumatized as to say feel as if she has to wear eight layers of panties for the rest of her life, as opposed to having someone spare her the brutality of being violated and possibly given a chronic and/or fatal disease??? I suggest this idiot talk to a few women and maybe even men who have been sexually brutalized.

One thing is fairly certain: the person making this statement has never experienced what the phrase "forcible rape" can mean. It is not the boy next door sticking his hand down your blouse. I gaurantee the jejunne, peurile little twit who said this utter foolishness that if she were to find herself at the hands of a genuine beastly forcible rapist she would be praying to God for a deliverer, and she would not particularly care who, at least util she was safe.

I was trying to post the same thoughts but couldn't get the words down in the right order.

Not sure if this is inappropriate to post on this site so if it is, I apologize and I'll edit the link out.
Below is a 911 call, a woman is being attacked. It is difficult to listen to and I highly suggest viewer discretion. I am posting to counter the sentiment "I'd rather be raped than have some redneck militia type try to rescue me." Well, when the attack is happening it will not matter who rescues you just so long as you are rescued.

(just before running through this post a day ago I ran across this link, odd)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fc8_1187887010

The link does bring up an interesting point and confirms why homeowners cannot be defenseless in their own homes. The comfort of being in a familiar space does not guarantee your personal safety. You must take measures to safeguard your security.

When at home a firearm is within arms reach, even when sitting on the couch, its on the arm or cushion beside me. Others do this as well. Often antis will call that "paranoid". Considering these horrendous and unbelievable acts have occurred, I think I'll be prepared. What if the lady in the clip above was your wife? Your mom or sister? How about your daughter?

Antis, would you still say the things you do if it were "your girls" at risk? Ladies, what if it were you? Is that ok to happen to you? :?

Alexcabbie

imported post

EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. That tape was bloodcurdlingly horrifying, it was worse than a slasher movie all the more so because it was real, and thanks to the brave victim for having the courage to come out in the open and tell the tale.

And as we always say, when seconds count, the police (and God bless and protect them, they do their best ) are only minutes away.

Thanks, Shorts. A lot of people need to see and hear what you posted.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
"If people carry guns, there will be murders over parking spaces and neighborhood basketball games."

I was at the indoor gun range this afternoon. As usual it was packed with people carrying and shooting guns. Everybody had at least one gun on them. The counter help had OC guns. Dozens of people armed to the teeth.

And there was no violence; people were friendly and pleasant to each other.

Perhaps an anti could explain why there was no violence at that indoor range?
Because the anti's and there ilk weren't there trying to cause trouble.:cuss::cuss:
I'm shure when they show up throwing, and breaking things then there
will be violence there.

darthmord

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
"If people carry guns, there will be murders over parking spaces and neighborhood basketball games."

I was at the indoor gun range this afternoon. As usual it was packed with people carrying and shooting guns. Everybody had at least one gun on them. The counter help had OC guns. Dozens of people armed to the teeth.

And there was no violence; people were friendly and pleasant to each other.

Perhaps an anti could explain why there was no violence at that indoor range?

That was unpossible!!!!

Everyone knows that guns are vile evil objects that will shoot you, kick your dog, scare your cat, and cause the economy to crash.

/end sarcasm

I've noticed much the same. Any time I go to the range, it is always a polite & respectful environment. I would have figured they'd be a blood bath given how the media lambasts firearms.

TheWarrior

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Words truly fail me. This is among the STUPIDEST GODDAMNED THINGS EVER TO BE EXPRESSED BY A HUMAN BEING.

Rape is not simple sexual intercourse. It has been erroneously defined as a "crime of domination that has nothing to do with sexual desire but with the desire to have power over others". Listen, idiots. To commit rape you need a hardon. To get a hardon you need sexual desire. Maybe wielding power over a weaker self turns a rapist on, but at the end of the discussion it is about fulfilling the rapist's sexual fantasies.

IF I EVER RUN ACROSS A RAPE IN PROGRESS I WILL DAMN SURE INTERFERE WITH IT EVEN IOF IT IS ONLY BY CALLING THE COPS. Is this idiot saying (I know a couple of rape victims) that she would rather be so traumatized as to say feel as if she has to wear eight layers of panties for the rest of her life, as opposed to having someone spare her the brutality of being violated and possibly given a chronic and/or fatal disease??? I suggest this idiot talk to a few women and maybe even men who have been sexually brutalized.

One thing is fairly certain: the person making this statement has never experienced what the phrase "forcible rape" can mean. It is not the boy next door sticking his hand down your blouse. I gaurantee the jejunne, peurile little twit who said this utter foolishness that if she were to find herself at the hands of a genuine beastly forcible rapist she would be praying to God for a deliverer, and she would not particularly care who, at least util she was safe.

HERE HERE!!!!!!

I don't think an Amish farmer, who is prohbited from defending himself against both physical and legal threats, has the same mentality as a leftist gun-hater.

Which IMHO is foolishness....

Michigander

imported post

I have been using what I learned from this article in gun debates. It is some seriously good info. I have it bookmarked, and I am re reading it every few days.

Squid13

imported post

Ok, so I'm reading the part about how to deal with the anti in a calm logical manner. After each suggested aproach, I keep thinking "...are you serious? You complete f***ing idiot!". You know like... "Do you think your neighbor wants to murder you? Are you serious? You complete f***ing idiot!" :banghead:Or "It must be scary living in a country where 80million people own guns for the sole purpose of murdering children. Are you serious? You complete f***ing idiot!" :banghead:

I think it would be hard for me to deal with someone exibiting these sort of defense mechanisms. I wouldn't be the best spokesman for the cause. :?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Squid13 wrote:
Ok, so I'm reading the part about how to deal with the anti in a calm logical manner. After each suggested aproach, I keep thinking "...are you serious? You complete f***ing idiot!". You know like... "Do you think your neighbor wants to murder you? Are you serious? You complete f***ing idiot!" :banghead:Or "It must be scary living in a country where 80million people own guns for the sole purpose of murdering children. Are you serious? You complete f***ing idiot!" :banghead:

I think it would be hard for me to deal with someone exibiting these sort of defense mechanisms. I wouldn't be the best spokesman for the cause. :?

AHHH.... But you are letting your own emotional forces take over when you should be taking on the role of "Mr Spock" (of Star Trek). It's been my experience that emotions cloud the logical thought process in all of us. For some people, who are highly emotional, this can beintellectually crippling.

We must rise above our emotions, set them aside, and debate solely with facts and logic. By doing this we will cause the anti-gunners to totally melt down mentally and emotionally, and collapse into a pile of blubbering excrement. We canthen cock our heads to one side slightly, raise an eybrow and comment, "Interesting"

Btw, this is best done with an audiance. You may not win your opponant over, but the spectators will see who has their ducks in a row. They are the ones we need to win over.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Squid13 wrote:
Oh I absolutly know you're right. I just can't stand hearing their arguments. It makes my brain hurt.
I know what you mean, man. My brain sort of goes into shock, too, when I hear some of their outragious arguments. It's hard to believe that anyone can think (if we dare call it that)the way they do. Takes me a minute or so to regroup and be able to respond to them.

spawnbringer

imported post

demnogis wrote:
I'm not Jewish nor promoting any religion, but I received an e-mail from a family member with a link to this organization's article. I found it to be a very good read! It also gives a better breakdown of victims' (most people today classify themselves as this) mentality with guns and ownership. I suggest it!

Raging Against Self Defense:
A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentalityhttp://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

I just got around to reading this demnogis. Good find.I'm sure I'll be referring back to it. Thanks.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

spawnbringer wrote:
demnogis wrote:
I'm not Jewish nor promoting any religion, but I received an e-mail from a family member with a link to this organization's article. I found it to be a very good read! It also gives a better breakdown of victims' (most people today classify themselves as this) mentality with guns and ownership. I suggest it!

Raging Against Self Defense:
A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentalityhttp://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

I just got around to reading this demnogis. Good find.I'm sure I'll be referring back to it. Thanks.
There are other good video clips attached to that link too. Good find.

Yata hey