• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man claims to be shot by cat.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

It's the cat conspiracy to enslave us. Happy Caturday.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/12/12/Man_Cat_shot_me_by_mistake/UPI-14091229116961/print/

Man: Cat shot me by mistake
Published: Dec. 12, 2008 at 4:22 PM

EDEN, N.C., Dec. 12 (UPI) -- A North Carolina man who was shot in the thigh Friday at first blamed his cat and then himself.

Charlie Busick of Eden told sheriff's deputies that he had left his .45-caliber pistol on a love seat, the Greensboro News & Record reported. He said that the cat jumped on the seat and landed on the pistol, setting it off.

But he later denied the cat was responsible. Instead, he said, that he put his hand down on the seat for balance while he was standing up, landing on the gun.

Busick called a friend after the shooting to ask for a ride to the hospital.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

on noez the Fark forums are bleeding over....

Anyone want to venture a guess on the model .45 ? yeah yeah I shouldn't go there...

Gordie

imported post

FogRider wrote:
One more reason I'm a dog person. A dog would do the same thing, but the cat meant to.
The cat was framed, he would have done it, but he just didn't get the chance before the guy did it himself.

Evil Ernie

imported post

No no, the cat really did do it, but then threatened to finish the job if the guy didn't lie to the police. Cats are crafty critters and WILL kill you in your sleep...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wassamatter? You two postingrecordings against me because---the cat's got your tongue?

You're just jealous because you know purrfectly well those were witty kitty comments.

:)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I can't believe you guys are pawing around at the topic clawing for puns about cats. Persianally I think it is silly and that we have milked it enough and manxed out this thread about some guy telling a tall tail. This is one for the litter box.

;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I can't believe you guys are pawing around at the topic clawing for puns about cats. Persianally I think it is silly and that we have milked it enough and manxed out this thread about some guy telling a tall tail. This is one for the litter box.

;)

:D:D:D

Oh, that was good.