Thread: Need a place to crash overnight in Seattle if possible

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm heading to Spokane on the 21st, via an Amtrak motor coach. Stupid thing leaves at 8:50 am, so I won't be able to take the bus up from Olympia on Sunday morning and catch it, which means I'm heading to Seattle late Saturday afternoon or early evening. If anyone in Seattle has a couch I can crash on overnight, for an early departure to King Street Station to catch my bus to Spokane, I would appreciate hearing from you. I'm happy to provide any sort of appropriate compensation. Since I'll being taking this dang bus, sadly I won't be packing... "zero tolerance for weapons" and all that liberal feely good crap. At least it's a higher class bus than Greyhound...

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

I can't help (up in the Everett area), but out of curiosity how much is a train ticket to Spokane?

Reason I ask is I just got my mom tickets on Southwest to Spokane for $90 round-trip. In fact she is there now. I was pretty surprised at how cheap it was.

State Researcher

Post imported post

train is sold out. Otherwise it would have been about 90-100 depending on when I bought them...

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

I missed "Motor coach" and just saw "Amtrak", so assumed you meant the train.

What I was really suggesting was you might want to look at Southwest airlines, $90 to fly round-trip is probably comparable to either bus or train and you are there in an hour.

SW also has pretty frequent flights back and forth, so a later flight might solve your problem and still be in Spokane same time or earlier.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm not gonna fly in. I can take this bus for $39, and the hassles of boarding a plane outweigh the inconveniences of taking the bus.