Thread: Hands down, the best new report I've seen to date.

Hutch/Wichita ~ Missing Littleton, Co :(, Kansas, USA

Post imported post

I was picking my jaw up from my lap watching this Cincinnati news report about responses to school shootings. Its unreal. It seems to be finally sinking in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FuIbujpLWA

We should send kudos to WCPO Channel 9 News for such hard hitting investigative journalism.

AC

Post imported post

This is so astounding and at such odds with typical media coverage that I half believe it's fake...

Carry on

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

jmlefler wrote:
    This is so astounding and at such odds with typical media coverage that I half believe it's fake...
    A quick search of WCPO Channel 9 Cincinnati's video archives assures me of its validity. Sure would like to see more like it. I really like Blue Ash Police Chief Chris Wallace paraphrasing "when seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Man, I can't believe the police are finally understanding that these "gun free" zones are the places that people need guns the most! If only the politicians would understand...

Post imported post

I followed the links back to the sourse, there is some good information here:

http://www.forcescience.org/fsinews/archive/
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Post imported post

Wow, somebody gets it. Amazing. A police chief exposing the futility of 'gun-free zone' signs.

Great stuff!

Post imported post

Chief Wallace is one of the trainers at http://www.tdiohio.com. This is an excellent firearms/self defense school located in south central Ohio. Heck yeah he "gets it"!

Post imported post

Legit article on the news website. I'm amazed that a media outlet actually state it so plainly that 'gun free zones' are target rich environments that spree killers like to take advantage of.

Maybe there is hope for the media yet. :what:

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Excellent report. I hope more people see it.

Post imported post

"I have just received word that the sky actually *is* blue".......

it's great that someone finally gets it and is actually reporting it, but do they really have to dumb it down that much? "Collected enough statistical evidence" - give me a break

sorry for being such a grouch, it's one of those days

Post imported post

Yeah, I live here (there?) and I suspect they ran the story with that "angle" just to generate controversy. I'd be surprised if they actually believed half the things they say. Still, a blind squirrel finds and acorn once in a while.

-ljp

Post imported post

You are correct, that was a great news story! Were you in Kansas in 1993, when there was a murder and bombings at the Federal Courthouse?

Post imported post

Great Video!!! Time matters.

Rick

"A gun in hand is better than a cop on the phone"

Post imported post

Post imported post

Ok whats with the guy shooting sideways like some punk in a movie? just saying..

Post imported post

22-250 wrote:
    Ok whats with the guy shooting sideways like some punk in a movie? just saying..
    It would allow him possible shots at an assailant on the other side of the wall/door with minimal amount of exposure, as opposed to using a weaver or isosceles stance IMO.

Post imported post

Very interesting. From my perspective it does not look fake either.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Post imported post

22-250 wrote:
    I think you mean like this, yes? http://shitwehate.com/blog/wp-conten...pistol_aim.jpg

Perhaps it's so that when there are two shooters next to each other and you shoot the guy on the right the recoil guides the gun to the shooter on the left making it quicker to shoot two guys?

Post imported post

Seen the video a few times, I was surprised as well in how it was reported.

Here is another one with the same instructors.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG_qN...eature=related
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

Jack House wrote:
    22-250 wrote:
    I think you mean like this, yes? http://@#$%wehate.com/blog/wp-conten...pistol_aim.jpg

Perhaps it's so that when there are two shooters next to each other and you shoot the guy on the right the recoil guides the gun to the shooter on the left making it quicker to shoot two guys?
    Nope. It's called slicing the pie. With moving and some one-handed grips you will hold your gun at angles. This is especially true if you are looking around doorframes/corners. You can drastically reduce your profile to your target. Obviously it is good tactics to leave as much of your body behind cover/concealment as possible.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Quote Originally Posted by simmonsjoe View Post
    Jack House wrote: Nope. It's called slicing the pie. With moving and some one-handed grips you will hold your gun at angles. This is especially true if you are looking around doorframes/corners. You can drastically reduce your profile to your target. Obviously it is good tactics to leave as much of your body behind cover/concealment as possible.
    I don't think he was talking about one of the slicing the pie examples. I think he was talking about the time that one guy was shown for like 1 second looking around a wall with his gun held sideways while not slicing the pie (or not clearly doing so since it was so short).

I assume the idea was that since he was peaking by turning his head sideways he should also turn the gun to keep the sites in line properly.