• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2009 OCDO Colorado Chapter BBQ Updates

Evil Ernie

Anubis

imported post

It has been reported closed by ecgoin: "The Red Robin has flown the nest. It's now amex restaurant."

Well, ecgoin now retracts his statement.

albritton77

imported post

References:
http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3747&Itemid=1396

http://www.colocode.com/boulder2/chapter5-8.htm

5-8-7 Flourishing Deadly Weapon in Alarming Manner.
No person shall display or flourish a deadly weapon in a manner calculated to alarm another person.

Question:
Does Boulder PD include "open carry" in the above statement? (Openly visible, holstered weapon.)

I'm asking because of the lack of interpretation (definition of terms) of the above statement in the municipal code definitions.

lopoetve

imported post

boulder PD is fine with OC from what I've seen. Dwenego used to do it all the time. More htan that, some colroado case law stated that getting flourish under just carrying would be a stretch.

ecgoin

imported post

Thanks to ACE...

OFFICIAL NEWS!!!

I talked to Mike Jr. on the phone and they are excited to host us on Saturday the 17th. One adjustment however. They are wanting us to move it back to 4 or 4:30pm. It would just allow them the best usage of seating for the evening dinner rush which starts 5:30 to 6ish. That doesn't mean they are running us off at that time, it just means we should do the courteous thing and not eat up all the seating so other customers can get their fill of the delicious New York goodness.

So, I'm hijacking our timeframe and stating loudly...

MC's Brooklyn Pizzeria
8086 W Bowles Ave
Littleton, CO

4 P.M. Saturday, January 17th, 2009

ecgoin

imported post

The latest for the great CO OCDO BBQ seems to be Cherry Creek State Park, Hobie Hill picnic space,Sat. 16 May 2009, (Armed Forces Day). Cost is a state parks pass ($8 for a daily), and any donations for the park space of $68. We may have a BBQ wagon on scene. Probably need donations for that too. Should be doable. Bring a side dish (desert, mmmm), the family, (a couple of bucks), your knowledge,anda greatattitude. I hope to meet nearly everyOCer in CO, and some that don't even live here yet. {may have to up that 50 person expectation)

Yeah..I'm a glass 1/2 full kinda guy.

I'm starting to think about a summer, and/or fall picnic as well. Different locations in CO of course. I've got it bad (and/or good).

:celebrate :celebrate

ecgoin

imported post

We now have conformationfor Cherry Creek State Park for Sat. May 16th. It's Armed Forces Day, and I will be showing my support for the troops. Let's ALL show up if possible, and have a great meet.

There is a range at the park as well, and prices are reasonable. Do we have any boaters/sailors out there? Should be warm enough for that as well. We still need to "work for the food" part. Anyone have a great idea for that?

See ya'all in mid May!

ecgoin

imported post

I ordered40 Omaha Goumet burgers today. They have a date. 5/16/09. I haveketchup, mustard, relish, onions, tomatoes. A couple of guests, 6 camping chairs and a card table. Containers of ice, a dolly for some heavy transport,andsome trash containers (bags). What we need now is...

Some bread products, hot dogs and/or brats. Some backup shelter for that unlikely shot of (sun), wind or wet. Some easy seating andtables.Some extra cooler space might be good. Some plates and sporks. Bring your choice of drinks, and a few for other guests. I think I'll bring sun tea (and some sugar and lemons). Any great BBQ cooks want to show their stuff for the day? Bring your tools of the trade. And lots of chips and side dishes, my lime jello thing comes to mind.

If I've missed anything, add it to the list!

I suggest about a 1:00 lunch.

planedr

imported post

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't be able to make it. I have to be in Craig that weekend.

Why don't you move it up there?:cool:Plenty of parks and lakes around there.

ecgoin

imported post

planedr wrote:
I won't be able to make it. I have to be in Craig that weekend.

Why don't you move it up there?:cool:Plenty of parks and lakes around there.

Sorry to hear that planedr. Maybe a summer/ fall meeting around there is in order.

Thanks for the bread Anubis!

Looks like we should have most everything we need. Get some invites out to your fav. list of media/ offcials.

I"ll see all of you folks there!

Dravur

imported post

Hi,

Just found the site. I would love to go, if that is OK. I can bring whatever you need for the BBQ.

I am Dravur on thehighroad.org and found this site from there.

FogRider

imported post

Dravur wrote:
Hi,

Just found the site. I would love to go, if that is OK. I can bring whatever you need for the BBQ.

I am Dravur on thehighroad.org and found this site from there.
Absolutely, come on by. I'm not sure what still needs to be brought.