• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Grey Ghost Guns

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Well he has the right name for his shop. The Grey Ghost was one of my childhood heros. And I have visited his gravesite several times since he is buried in Warrenton. John Singleton Mosby was truly a Southern hero and deserves our respect and admiration.

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

I used to do every report or autobiography or book report I could in middle and high school on the Grey Ghost. Haven't had a cause to write any reports in college given the nature of my studies, which is unfortunate since I could probably write one about John Mosby from memory. Good guy, in spite of his choices in universities...:dude:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

SaltH2OHokie wrote:
I used to do every report or autobiography or book report I could in middle and high school on the Grey Ghost. Haven't had a cause to write any reports in college given the nature of my studies, which is unfortunate since I could probably write one about John Mosby from memory. Good guy, in spite of his choices in universities...:dude:
UVA is a fine school, as is Tech. Guess you know that he had a little legal trouble when he was in Charlottesville. Guess you also know he never surrendered his sword. Too bad Grant became a good friend of his.

BTW, his home in Warrenton has been turned into a museum about him. I keep forgetting to visit it. His grave site is interesting. And I am pretty sure I have turned up maybe as many as four family members (through my wife's side) who rode with or were connected with him.

Wonder how many people know about what Custer did in Front Royal? Or what Sheridan did on orders from Lincoln to the valley? Perhaps they wouldn't hold these "men" in such high esteem if they did.

TFred

imported post

SaltH2OHokie wrote:
I only kid about UVa, I'm sure it has its merits...somewhere :lol:
I would expect no less of a member with "hokie" in their username, just as I would expect similar good natured ribbing from someone with a "hoo" themed name as well! :)

I attended neither, but I do like to point out that for a time in the late 80s or so (yes, I should look up the exact years...), UVa won four NCAA Division I Soccer Championships in a row. Sounds impressive just to say, then you realize that means there were a few guys who went through their entire college soccer career not knowing what it was like to not win a National Championship. Imagine the ribbing those guys gave the next years team after they didn't win it!

That Bruce Arena guy was a pretty good coach! :D

TFred

nitrovic

imported post

I wish I could have gone to either, but my GI bill only covered smaller schools :(. My wife went to a major D1 school for her master's, now I have about 40 grand to pay off.:X

ccunning

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
I've been to Grey Ghost Winery on Rt. 211...[stops irrelevant post]

That place is great!!! Old House Winery is good as well. If we could get Grey Ghost Winery and Grey Ghost Guns to merge, I may just move in.....:celebrate
Now you're 2/3rds of the way to an ATF weekend...

nitrovic

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

That place is great!!! Old House Winery is good as well. If we could get Grey Ghost Winery and Grey Ghost Guns to merge, I may just move in.....:celebrate
So alcohol and guns DO mix? ;)

Of course not, I meant just for the grape juice...:cool:

DarkHorse

imported post

Where is Grey Ghost Tactical located? Can someone post an address. I realize they are in Culpeper.I could not find them listed online. Thanks.

Edit: nevermind found'em

Tomahawk

imported post

:p:p:p:p:p

Necropost.jpg

zoom6zoom

imported post

ccunning wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Now you're 2/3rds of the way to an ATF weekend...
I'll bring cigars.