Thread: Does Gun Cotrol work in Chicago? No, its more dangerous than Bagdad

Post imported post

Chicago: The CBS television affiliate in Chicago has found that their city
    is more dangerous than an Iraqi battlefield. In May, the station began tracking
    city shootings and posting them on Google maps. Information compiled from their
    reporters, wire service reports and the Chicago Police Major Incidents log found
    that 125 people were shot and killed throughout the city between the start of
    Memorial Day weekend on May 26, and the end of Labor Day on Sept. 1. That’s nearly double the number of U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq over the same time period. Why?With the city’s handgun ban, nobody’s shooting back at the criminals.

Link: http://www.saf.org/gt/gt168.pdf
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

What was the Iraqi on Iraqi murder rate for the city? That would be a fairer comparison, IMHO.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Jdude wrote:
    What was the Iraqi on Iraqi murder rate for the city? That would be a fairer comparison, IMHO.
    Huh?? is this an attempt at humor of some sort? I see Chicago as the most dangerous place on earth for a law abiding citizen for the simple reason is that it's residents and visitors are unable to defend themselves against armed criminals.

So, hows the tightest gun control in the country working out for people in our near Chicago? Looks pretty darn dangerous to me becuase I am not allowed that ability to defend myself with the same power as the criminals are allowed to carry.

Post imported post

Jdude wrote:
    Not really. Iraqi's are allowed at least arifle per family. They are armed, or at least have the opportunity tobe.

Cook County residents are not allowed by law to carry. Illinois has no provision for legal concealed carry by law abiding citizens. They are effectively unarmed in the face of a seriously dangerous place.

Apples and oranges