• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does Gun Cotrol work in Chicago? No, its more dangerous than Bagdad

Thundar

imported post

Chicago: The CBS television affiliate in Chicago has found that their city
is more dangerous than an Iraqi battlefield. In May, the station began tracking
city shootings and posting them on Google maps. Information compiled from their
reporters, wire service reports and the Chicago Police Major Incidents log found
that 125 people were shot and killed throughout the city between the start of
Memorial Day weekend on May 26, and the end of Labor Day on Sept. 1. That’s nearly double the number of U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq over the same time period. Why?With the city’s handgun ban, nobody’s shooting back at the criminals.

Link: http://www.saf.org/gt/gt168.pdf

Jdude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What was the Iraqi on Iraqi murder rate for the city? That would be a fairer comparison, IMHO.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Jdude wrote:
What was the Iraqi on Iraqi murder rate for the city? That would be a fairer comparison, IMHO.

Huh?? is this an attempt at humor of some sort? I see Chicago as the most dangerous place on earth for a law abiding citizen for the simple reason is that it's residents and visitors are unable to defend themselves against armed criminals.

So, hows the tightest gun control in the country working out for people in our near Chicago? Looks pretty darn dangerous to me becuase I am not allowed that ability to defend myself with the same power as the criminals are allowed to carry.

bobcat

imported post

Jdude wrote:

Not really. Iraqi's are allowed at least arifle per family. They are armed, or at least have the opportunity tobe.

Cook County residents are not allowed by law to carry. Illinois has no provision for legal concealed carry by law abiding citizens. They are effectively unarmed in the face of a seriously dangerous place.

Apples and oranges