• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When traveling into Virginia.

James

imported post

When traveling in Virginia by car, where should my weapon be. I have a concealed carry permit from West Virginia. Can the clip be in the weapon, or must it be separate from the gun. Should it be in the glove box or consol?

DHCruiser

Campaign Veteran
imported post

James wrote:
When traveling in Virginia by car, where should my weapon be. I have a concealed carry permit from West Virginia. Can the clip be in the weapon, or must it be separate from the gun. Should it be in the glove box or consol?
Virginia and West Virginia have reciprocity, so your carry conceal permit is valid in VA. You may carry it loaded and concealed. Where is your choice...glove box, console, jacket, holster, etc.

If you choose to carry it open, VA is an open carry state, so it can be openly carried and loaded.

Have a nice drive. :)

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

DHCruiser wrote:
James wrote:
Virginia and West Virginia have reciprocity, so your carry conceal permit is valid in VA. You may carry it loaded and concealed. Where is your choice...glove box, console, jacket, holster, etc.

If you choose to carry it open, VA is an open carry state, so it can be openly carried and loaded.

Have a nice drive. :)

Just familiarize yourself with VA where not to carry. http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_ResidentConcealed.shtm#WhereUnlawfultoCarry

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

ed wrote:
James wrote:
what's that? <snicker>

maybe he uses a clip to hold his permits together? :)

images