• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Excuse me, but is that legal?

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

So we were having a heat spell today (got up to 45 degrees) and I wore a light jacket while running some errands. Of course, being a light jacket, it rode up and over my OWB Fobus holster (gee, what a coincidence).

I'm standing in line at the Family Dollar Store check-out counter and the lady behind me says, "Excuse me, but is that legal to have your gun showing like that?" No alarm, no puddle on the floor, just curiosity piping up.

"Yep, perfectly legal!" I respond, and hand her a Pa. Open Carry flyer. She says, "Thank you," and I pay for my purchase and walk out the door.

captlou

imported post

i had the exact thing happen to me last week during the snow storm. when i got out, i didnt notice my carhart coat had ridden up over my glock and my carrylock holster--never did that before because my coat is long...anyway...i walk into the store to pay for my gas, and the woman at the counter says to me "what are you expecting some action or something" i was caught off guard for a second then i realized it was showing...pretty much the same reaction i got from her too, i pulled my coat back down and responded "i sure hope not!" paid for my gas and went on my way. i realize this is an open carry forum to discuss open carry issues, and this kinda isnt an open carry issue since i have a conceal permit. i havereadALOT of stuff about open carry i didnt know about tonight.

She didnt seem really concerned or anythingwhich was good.thats thereaction she should have had.

lou

tdyoung58

imported post

:celebrate I'vehad more people asking me about my carrying since the "soccer mom" thing. I actually think this is a good thing for OC / CC in PA. :what: always have a flier or two with me anymore to give out (thanks PA Patriot), been giving out up to 10 a week sometimes. only have two left right now.

Need to get a bulk rate on printing these things

captlou

imported post

thanks for the warm welcome:)

I was just over theretoo(pa patriot)... i already thought pa was one of the better states to
OC or CC,but there was even more stuff i didnt know there too.

i went to harry's u pull it today for a part for my car, and crushed my finger in the process. yay me :-( Well, on the way out, i noticed a sign--in two languages mind you now--WEAPONS PROHIBITED. i dont ever remember it being there.Mabye they just put one up that was in english and caused me to notice.Hazleton isnt a nice place anymore.

lou