2 6.25%
  • Other

2 6.25%
  • No one should have EBR, ban them.

0 0%

Thread: Favorite EBR

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

So what kind of Evil Black Rifle do you like. Personally I'm torn between ARs, AKs, and M1As. If I had to take just one, probably an AR though, mostly because I have the most trigger time on one. What say you.

Post imported post

You are obviously talking about military style carbines. I'd have to say the M2 is my favorite. It'sthe FA version of the M1. The AR is the only one I've heard referred to as a "Black Rifle".
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

I don't have one. It's not that I don't like them, it's that I don't have enough experience. So why am I even responding? Bored, I guess.

Post imported post

Well, out of what I have experience with, I'd definitely go with the AK. Hard hitting round, good enough accuracy for out to 150 yards or so, and ammo is cheap and plentiful (well, not anymore, good thing I stocked up), and it's so simple and reliable in operation.

If I had any experience with a G3/CETME rifle, I'd probably have to choose between the two, but not even having shot it, I don't know if I'd like it or not. Looks good on paper and in videos, etc, though......

Banned

Post imported post

Eh, so I'm a fanboy.

AR's are nothing special because everyone has one and I'm getting sick of seeing them, plusit's an American design, therefore it must be junk. AK's are great guns, but considering that they're the #1 choice of poor people worldwide, I'd hesitate to pick it as my favorite. The SKS is by far the best bang for the buck, but I don't think it quite meets "EBR" standards. Never got to shoot a FAL, but a friend of mine has one and he loves it.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    If I had to take just one, probably an AR though, mostly because I have the most trigger time on one. What say you.
    Same here. I have nothing against the others, they're all good,but I put mytrust ina rifle that I'm familiar with.

III
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

I've had a lot of experience with a certain mil-surp Winchester M1 carbine and it's a blast.

I also love shooting the AR15 (longwatch you may have seen that out at that shoot) but I've only been shooting an AK since summer of last year.

I can't decide. I like them all!

Post imported post

I like my FAL.:celebrate It shoots a .308 and doesn't seem to kick any harder than my SKS. Only downside is it's getting too expensive to shoot it. Of course that's the case with almost everything.

Post imported post

From among those listed, I'd go with the FAL. I like the full-sized battle rifles over the "assault" variety.

-ljp