• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Favorite EBR

What is your favorite EBR

• AR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AK

• Mini14/30/68

• M1A

• FAL

• AUG

• M1 Carbine

• SKS

• Other

• No one should have EBR, ban them.

• Total voters

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

So what kind of Evil Black Rifle do you like. Personally I'm torn between ARs, AKs, and M1As. If I had to take just one, probably an AR though, mostly because I have the most trigger time on one. What say you.

rodbender

imported post

You are obviously talking about military style carbines. I'd have to say the M2 is my favorite. It'sthe FA version of the M1. The AR is the only one I've heard referred to as a "Black Rifle".

compmanio365

imported post

Well, out of what I have experience with, I'd definitely go with the AK. Hard hitting round, good enough accuracy for out to 150 yards or so, and ammo is cheap and plentiful (well, not anymore, good thing I stocked up), and it's so simple and reliable in operation.

If I had any experience with a G3/CETME rifle, I'd probably have to choose between the two, but not even having shot it, I don't know if I'd like it or not. Looks good on paper and in videos, etc, though......

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Item_AAC_G36.jpg

Eh, so I'm a fanboy.

AR's are nothing special because everyone has one and I'm getting sick of seeing them, plusit's an American design, therefore it must be junk. AK's are great guns, but considering that they're the #1 choice of poor people worldwide, I'd hesitate to pick it as my favorite. The SKS is by far the best bang for the buck, but I don't think it quite meets "EBR" standards. Never got to shoot a FAL, but a friend of mine has one and he loves it.

Huck

imported post

longwatch wrote:
If I had to take just one, probably an AR though, mostly because I have the most trigger time on one. What say you.

Same here. I have nothing against the others, they're all good,but I put mytrust ina rifle that I'm familiar with.

III

nova

imported post

I've had a lot of experience with a certain mil-surp Winchester M1 carbine and it's a blast.

I also love shooting the AR15 (longwatch you may have seen that out at that shoot) but I've only been shooting an AK since summer of last year.

I can't decide. I like them all! :)

Gordie

imported post

I like my FAL.:celebrate It shoots a .308 and doesn't seem to kick any harder than my SKS. Only downside is it's getting too expensive to shoot it. Of course that's the case with almost everything.

Legba

imported post

From among those listed, I'd go with the FAL. I like the full-sized battle rifles over the "assault" variety.

-ljp