• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picked up a Tasco Red Dot

FogRider

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Let me rephrase that, I get tighter groups with a scope, but faster target acquisition with the red dot. The red dot is accurate, but I would favor a scope for precision work.
Oh, ok. I'd agree with you there.

DreQo wrote:
I was thinking of something like this:

RGR-020.jpg
On a 10/.22?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

FogRider wrote:
On a 10/.22?
That's what it's made for, believe it or not. Think suppressed 10/22 with a folding stock, vertical fore-grip, red dot sight, and a flashlight. :D

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Don't laugh, I'm gonna buy a clamp on bayonet lug and install that on mine. I'm going for the "let's put every feature that was banned by the Klinton AWB on this thing" looki. So far I've got the folding stock, pistol grip, hi cap mag, and flash hider. Need a bayo lug and I've pretty much got it.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

FogRider wrote:
Trust me, I have no problem with it. But I still just can't stop thinking "on a 10/.22?".
It's a "just because I can" sort of thing. It's my little gun that annoys liberals as much as my soon to be built AK. Besides IF there is another ban I can sell it for a nice premium with all the "evil" features LOL.

FogRider

imported post

Most of the things I have are "just because I can". It just struck me as odd at first, you see that stuff on a gun and think 5.56, 7.62, .30 maybe. But certainly not .22LR. It's just amusing to me.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

FogRider wrote:
Most of the things I have are "just because I can". It just struck me as odd at first, you see that stuff on a gun and think 5.56, 7.62, .30 maybe. But certainly not .22LR. It's just amusing to me.
Which is why I'm doing it, it's amusing...

Michigander

imported post

A 10/22 with a baynet lug to piss off liberals?

THAT'S funny. I don't care who ya are, THAT'S funny.

:lol:

Please post pics when it's completed. Sounds like a fun little project.

Carnivore

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Thundar wrote:
I have a couple of Mossberg 500s and I tried using a red dot for shooting slugs. Pretty damn near useless. It did stay on when I used Loctite.
Good word. I appreciate the example and opinion based on personal experience. Sounds like I'll be throwing it on the ruger!
It will most likely make a perfect addition on the 10/22, But I like crosshairs.. If your wanting quick target aquisition for your shotty, work up a laser w/ tactical light..