Thread: Constitutional Convention

Post imported post

There is a story circulating that 32 states have voted to call for a Constitutional Convention in order to amend the Constitution.

The word that is circulating the internet is that there is no limits as to what the Convention can put on the table in order to be amended--2nd Amendment included...

has anyone heard anything about this? Or is this just a rumor?

http://www.heraldextra.com/component...17323/catid,2/

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Some one posted something along these lines in another thread. I haven't read anything online about it. Although Obama did publicly express is displeasure with teh current Constitution, saying that it had allot about what the governemtn CAN'T do to us but nothing about what it CAN do to....er...for us. I took what he said as he wants to change it, or maybe even scrap it all together and write a new one.

Changing the Constitution isn't as easy as some might think. But we need to keep our eyes and ears open.

Post imported post

Yeah, but it can be done--and considering that delegates to any Convention are appointed instead of being elected--it is not unfeasible that the entire Constitution could be scrapped, or at the very least changed...

and it has served us so well for over 200 years....

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

yeah, And i don't see any reason to change it now. Screwing with the Constitution would be a good way to start another civil war.