Thread: Operation Lone Star Thunder Needs $ for Lubbock-Amarillo Radio Ads - PLEASE GIVE TODAY!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

UPDATE: December 15, 2008 - We are so close - just a few hundred more and we sign a contract to show the Houston MetroPlex with pro-open carry radio spots.

Please give if you can at http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.html

FLASH: Effective Wednsday24 DEC weneed to raise a ittkle over $1,000by the weekend to fire up the panhandle of Texas - Lets' Roll!

And if you ALSO are a big fish and can put up $500 or more to do matching, let me and John know ASAP!

--

Post imported post

UPDATE 16 DEC 08:
    Current Balance
    $6,561

Let's go folks - we are so close to launching radio spots over Houston I can almost hear them now!

Post imported post

Folks - FYI, we are also looking at launchinga potentially verycost effective radio campaign for the Texas panhandle - Midland - Lubbock - Amarillo.

But we need more funds now to cut contracts, thanks.

Post imported post

UPDATE: Enough money was collected to fund Houston (ongoing) - and now onto the Texas Panhandle, El Paso, and Austin-Waco Metro areas.

Please goive today to make this happen: http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.html

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I keep donating to these things, but never get the promised tag line added to my profile. I donated $100 to the first thing and was supposed to get the "Founder's Club" thing. Not that it is a big thing, but I do support these things and donate often.

Post imported post

Send a message to jpierce and he will take care of it. If the e-mail addy that you use for paypal does not match the one that you are registered here with then he has no way of knowing who you are.... Also, since he has a full time job it sometimes takes him a while to get everything here updated as well as keep up with moderating, etc etc etc...

Post imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
    Send a message to jpierce and he will take care of it. If the e-mail addy that you use for paypal does not match the one that you are registered here with then he has no way of knowing who you are.... Also, since he has a full time job it sometimes takes him a while to get everything here updated as well as keep up with moderating, etc etc etc...
    Yeah, John will take care of it. And he will soon update the Lorimeter as well - we had enough for radio ads in Houston which will go on till Christmas eve!

But we need to raise another $1,500 to fire up the Texas Panhandle next, so give if you can! The radio people want me to sign the contract like tomorrow!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Yes, I donated anyway.

Post imported post

Folks - time is short and I know it's Christmas but we need to raise a little over $1,000 by this weekend to pay for radio ads in the panhandle area, Lubbock-Amarillo.

Legislators' aides are telling us that the radio ads are working - that legislators and even police/prosecutor groups are warning up to the idea of open carry legalization THIS COMMING SESSION!

Hopefully you all are in a new credit card bill cycle by now and can give at least $10-$25 or more now.

Give at Please give if you can at http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.html

Post imported post

UPDATE - thanks tothe contributions we are now . . . at a current Balance
    $7,399 - but that is not enough to keep our ads going so please give today at http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.html

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Sent $100.00 today for the word to get out to my friends,family, and all of the good folks in the Texas Pandhandle about supporting Open Carry legislation. I know for a fact that once they know how important this is, they'll be ' all in.'

Post imported post

tashkerra wrote:
    Sent $100.00 today for the word to get out to my friends,family, and all of the good folks in the Texas Pandhandle about supporting Open Carry legislation. I know for a fact that once they know how important this is, they'll be ' all in.'
    Thanks for the big donation, I am doing a press release tonight or tomorrow about "gettin' the pan handle into the fire" or somthing like that.

Let's hope some more folks have some cash to spare these next few days so we can pay for both the Panhandle ads and El Paso ads at least!!

Post imported post

The Count is now at 50460 and counting-WOW.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Donated $25 on Thursday. I was born in El Paso after all .

Post imported post

diesel556 wrote:
    Donated $25 on Thursday. I was born in El Paso after all .
    Thanks. if every OCDO member gave 425 we would have an OCDO blimp circling Ausatin

Seriously, if we do not get back on track on fundrasing, there will be no more radio ads and El Paso and Greater austin will not get the wake up call we need for success.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

I put in last week. I will see if I can add something to that.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    I put in last week. I will see if I can add something to that.
    Thanks - also, PM John so he can update your status as a donar - he tries to link up your pay pall email address with the one we have on file but cannot always do this.

Post imported post

Another C-note on the way.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

This is a friendly "BUMP", and a reminder to folks to keep the cash coming. This fight affects everyone no matter where you live. Lets take the fight to them and roll back the tyranny, rather than losing for want of a few bucks and having to fight to keep the rights we have now.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

need to get some of these radio commercials on the air in the east texas area, lufkin, nacogdoches, henderson, longview tyler area, alot of potential donations and signatures.

Post imported post

Mike is there any other way to send the money because my US bank account doesn't have any paypal connection at all.

Btw how soon do we have to raise the whole amount before the bill is put into the legislative machine??

Thanks.

Post imported post

Sleepless wrote:
    Mike is there any other way to send the money because my US bank account doesn't have any paypal connection at all.

Btw how soon do we have to raise the whole amount before the bill is put into the legislative machine??

Thanks.
    You just pay by credit card on pay pal - no bank account needed.

Donations are used merely to fund radio ads at this point - whether a bil is introduced is up to the state legislators, but driving the petition numbers up and generating publicity is going to help us make that happen.