• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Operation Lone Star Thunder Needs $ for Lubbock-Amarillo Radio Ads - PLEASE GIVE TODAY!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE: December 15, 2008 - We are so close - just a few hundred more and we sign a contract to show the Houston MetroPlex with pro-open carry radio spots.

Please give if you can at http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.html

FLASH: Effective Wednsday24 DEC weneed to raise a ittkle over $1,000by the weekend to fire up the panhandle of Texas - Lets' Roll!

And if you ALSO are a big fish and can put up $500 or more to do matching, let me and John know ASAP!

--

Black_Ops_Meter.jpg

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE 16 DEC 08:
Current Balance
$6,561

[align=left]Let's go folks - we are so close to launching radio spots over Houston I can almost hear them now![/align]

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks - FYI, we are also looking at launchinga potentially verycost effective radio campaign for the Texas panhandle - Midland - Lubbock - Amarillo.

But we need more funds now to cut contracts, thanks.

jegoodin

imported post

I keep donating to these things, but never get the promised tag line added to my profile. I donated $100 to the first thing and was supposed to get the "Founder's Club" thing. Not that it is a big thing, but I do support these things and donate often.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Send a message to jpierce and he will take care of it. If the e-mail addy that you use for paypal does not match the one that you are registered here with then he has no way of knowing who you are.... Also, since he has a full time job it sometimes takes him a while to get everything here updated as well as keep up with moderating, etc etc etc...

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
Send a message to jpierce and he will take care of it. If the e-mail addy that you use for paypal does not match the one that you are registered here with then he has no way of knowing who you are.... Also, since he has a full time job it sometimes takes him a while to get everything here updated as well as keep up with moderating, etc etc etc...

Yeah, John will take care of it. And he will soon update the Lorimeter as well - we had enough for radio ads in Houston which will go on till Christmas eve!

But we need to raise another $1,500 to fire up the Texas Panhandle next, so give if you can! The radio people want me to sign the contract like tomorrow!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks - time is short and I know it's Christmas but we need to raise a little over $1,000 by this weekend to pay for radio ads in the panhandle area, Lubbock-Amarillo.

Legislators' aides are telling us that the radio ads are working - that legislators and even police/prosecutor groups are warning up to the idea of open carry legalization THIS COMMING SESSION!

Hopefully you all are in a new credit card bill cycle by now and can give at least $10-$25 or more now.

Give at Please give if you can at http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.html

tashkerra

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sent $100.00 today for the word to get out to my friends,family, and all of the good folks in the Texas Pandhandle about supporting Open Carry legislation. I know for a fact that once they know how important this is, they'll be ' all in.'

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

tashkerra wrote:
Sent $100.00 today for the word to get out to my friends,family, and all of the good folks in the Texas Pandhandle about supporting Open Carry legislation. I know for a fact that once they know how important this is, they'll be ' all in.'
Thanks for the big donation, I am doing a press release tonight or tomorrow about "gettin' the pan handle into the fire" or somthing like that.

Let's hope some more folks have some cash to spare these next few days so we can pay for both the Panhandle ads and El Paso ads at least!!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

diesel556 wrote:
Donated $25 on Thursday. I was born in El Paso after all ;).

Thanks. if every OCDO member gave 425 we would have an OCDO blimp circling Ausatin :)

Seriously, if we do not get back on track on fundrasing, there will be no more radio ads and El Paso and Greater austin will not get the wake up call we need for success.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
I put in last week. I will see if I can add something to that.
Thanks - also, PM John so he can update your status as a donar - he tries to link up your pay pall email address with the one we have on file but cannot always do this.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is a friendly "BUMP", and a reminder to folks to keep the cash coming. This fight affects everyone no matter where you live. Lets take the fight to them and roll back the tyranny, rather than losing for want of a few bucks and having to fight to keep the rights we have now.

Regards

kevinld

imported post

need to get some of these radio commercials on the air in the east texas area, lufkin, nacogdoches, henderson, longview tyler area, alot of potential donations and signatures.