• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newcomer Intro

steve2838

imported post

Hello,

This is Steve, a newcomer to Washington Statefrom the great Old Dominion of Virginia. I've been apprehensive about the gun laws in this blue state beforemoving out herebut have been pleasantly surprised to see that the open carry movement is alive and well here.

I'ma strongproponent ofopen carry and made it a habit to open carry*everywhere* in Virginia. I'veenjoyed meeting new folks who support and believe in the same cause. Itappears I may have just missed your last meeting in Tukwila but I would definitely look forward to meeting y'all at the next event....

Stay safe,

Steve

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome aboard, and please try to ignore the liberals in the Seattle-Olympia part of the Puget Sound. They are annoying, but with practice can be largely ignored:p

jbone

imported post

Welcome. I try not to worry if the state if Blue or Red (center-right red myself). If the guns laws are favorable the state is GOLDEN. Except for the Golden State, they most likely fit thePurple categorysirpuma mentioned. I've lived in Michigan and California will never go back to CALI, Michigan in a heartbeat, a more gun friendly state like WA even though it’s Blue (weird uh).