Thread: KSL Blog: GUNS, GUNS, GUNS

Post imported post

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=370&sid=5062470

GUNS, GUNS, GUNS

December 12th, 2008 @ 1:50pm
    By TOM CALLAN

The Blackwater defendants, charged with fatally shooting and wounding Iraqi citizens on Sept. 16, 2007, appeared last Monday before a Salt lake City magistrate. The case is heading back to Washington, D.C. for a Jan. 6, 2009 hearing. The magistrate found no probable cause for moving it out of Washington. I found part of the proceedings strangely humorous.

Lawyers for some of the defendants asked the court if their clients could keep their guns. One defendant requested permission to carry a weapon since he is in training to work with the Salt Lake County sheriff's office. The magistrate hesitated but then relented, granting the defendant permission to carry a weapon. But there was one condition: the weapon cannot be taken home. Another defendant wanted to use his firearm for hunting. His lawyer actually told the court that hunting would heal and calm his client's troubled nerves.

The magistrate did not hesitate this time; the answer was no. It struck me as odd that security guards charged with a total of 20 counts of voluntary manslaughter and 14 counts of involuntary manslaughter would insist on the exercise of their second amendment right at such an inauspicious time. They are, after all, charged with the indiscriminate use of firearms on unarmed citizens in Iraq.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
    It struck me as odd that security guards charged with a total of 20 counts of voluntary manslaughter and 14 counts of involuntary manslaughter would insist on the exercise of their second amendment right at such an inauspicious time. They are, after all, charged with the indiscriminate use of firearms on unarmed citizens in Iraq.
    In the US you are innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. The punishment should not come before you are convicted of the crime.

Post imported post

hey hot link didnt work for me did anyone else have a problem or is it just me?

”The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world… The first step – in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come – is to teach men to shoot!”
    ~President Theodore Roosevelt

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

deleted. For some reason it refused to send my entire post, including a re-try under the edit function.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Centurion

Post imported post

ainokea wrote:
    SGT Jensen wrote:
    It struck me as odd that security guards charged with a total of 20 counts of voluntary manslaughter and 14 counts of involuntary manslaughter would insist on the exercise of their second amendment right at such an inauspicious time. They are, after all, charged with the indiscriminate use of firearms on unarmed citizens in Iraq.
    In the US you are innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. The punishment should not come before you are convicted of the crime.
    Which is why were are prevented from purchasing a handgun while under indictment for a felony (Sarcasm Off)

RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

”The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world… The first step – in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come – is to teach men to shoot!”
    ~President Theodore Roosevelt

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I don't believe one word from any of the allegations against these Blackwater guys. They are the best!