• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KSL Blog: GUNS, GUNS, GUNS

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=370&sid=5062470

GUNS, GUNS, GUNS

December 12th, 2008 @ 1:50pm
By TOM CALLAN

The Blackwater defendants, charged with fatally shooting and wounding Iraqi citizens on Sept. 16, 2007, appeared last Monday before a Salt lake City magistrate. The case is heading back to Washington, D.C. for a Jan. 6, 2009 hearing. The magistrate found no probable cause for moving it out of Washington. I found part of the proceedings strangely humorous.

Lawyers for some of the defendants asked the court if their clients could keep their guns. One defendant requested permission to carry a weapon since he is in training to work with the Salt Lake County sheriff's office. The magistrate hesitated but then relented, granting the defendant permission to carry a weapon. But there was one condition: the weapon cannot be taken home. Another defendant wanted to use his firearm for hunting. His lawyer actually told the court that hunting would heal and calm his client's troubled nerves.

The magistrate did not hesitate this time; the answer was no. It struck me as odd that security guards charged with a total of 20 counts of voluntary manslaughter and 14 counts of involuntary manslaughter would insist on the exercise of their second amendment right at such an inauspicious time. They are, after all, charged with the indiscriminate use of firearms on unarmed citizens in Iraq.

ainokea

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
It struck me as odd that security guards charged with a total of 20 counts of voluntary manslaughter and 14 counts of involuntary manslaughter would insist on the exercise of their second amendment right at such an inauspicious time. They are, after all, charged with the indiscriminate use of firearms on unarmed citizens in Iraq.
In the US you are innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. The punishment should not come before you are convicted of the crime.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deleted. For some reason it refused to send my entire post, including a re-try under the edit function.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

ainokea wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
It struck me as odd that security guards charged with a total of 20 counts of voluntary manslaughter and 14 counts of involuntary manslaughter would insist on the exercise of their second amendment right at such an inauspicious time. They are, after all, charged with the indiscriminate use of firearms on unarmed citizens in Iraq.
In the US you are innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. The punishment should not come before you are convicted of the crime.

Which is why were are prevented from purchasing a handgun while under indictment for a felony (Sarcasm Off):cuss::cuss:

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't believe one word from any of the allegations against these Blackwater guys. They are the best!