• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One month away

Harleyman007

imported post

Have we recieved confirmation from any Texas Representatives that aregoing to sponsor this bill for sure? We are only one month away from D day and although we have a lot of Representatives that say they support. I have not seen anyone that says they will sponsor the bill and get it in front of Perry in January.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I'm on hold with the capital now to see if I can find out if it's in committee. I'm also waiting for a call back from Senator Jeff Wentworth's office to see if he's the one to introduce it.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Bah, Wentworth is introducing the concealed carry on campus bill not the open carry one.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I'm also in talks with Todd Smiths CoStaff trying to provide her with all the answers to questions that are being asked. I believe Todd Smith wants to introduce this bill but is probably being given all the standard scenarios by law enforcement organizations and may only submit it with licensing requirements.

rodbender

imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
I'm also in talks with Todd Smiths CoStaff trying to provide her with all the answers to questions that are being asked. I believe Todd Smith wants to introduce this bill but is probably being given all the standard scenarios by law enforcement organizations and may only submit it with licensing requirements.
We need to have it without licensing, but if that's all we can get. Let's take it.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I've got a tentatively scheduled phone call with Senator Jane Nelsons office for today. Won't be talking to her obviously, but will be talking with the individual that deals with gun rights legislation. Will post generalities of that call after it happens.

Harleyman007

imported post

I have been checking the filed bills on a daily basis and have not seen the one we are looking for. Has anyone been in contact with Rep. Debbie Riddle to verify that she is working on one? I sent her an email this morning, but have not had a reply yet.

GumiBear

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rodbender wrote:
We need to have it without licensing, but if that's all we can get. Let's take it.
I see it as unconstitutional to have LICENSED open carry.Judge Scalia's brief inD.C. vs Heller stated that individuals have the right to self protection and to keep and bear arms and thatconcealed carry can be banned or regulated only if open carry is an option. Since we already have "permission" to conceal carry by the state by paying for a class and a license, then the only option for those that can't afford to pay for a class or the license will HAVE to be unlicensed open carry. If open carry AND concealed carry are licensed it only says thatthe afluent can protect themselves. The single parent holding down 2 jobs WILL NOT be able to excercise their right to bear arms for self protection. Folks that is ALOT of people!