• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ellis County Press Editorial Advocates Open Carry Decriminalization

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.elliscountypress.com/news/126/ARTICLE/2917/2008-12-11.html

Open carry in Texas?

December 11th, 2008

[align=justify]To protect the First Amendment, we need a strong second. Without the second, who will defend the first?Guns are not for hunting. [/align]

[align=justify]Handguns were not created to kill animals.Arms are the last resort that We The People have to keep our government in line, whether that be the federal, state or local (and increasingly, the international.)[/align]

[align=justify]So let the record show The Ellis County Press comes out in full support of open carry legislation, the requirements that responsible individuals can openly carry their arms.[/align]

[align=justify]Some might say "assault weapons" and "machine guns" should be banned, but that’s the wrong type of thinking. Our guns are as important as our money and the fruits of our labor.[/align]

[align=justify]The odds of moderate Republicans down in Austin passing this legislation are very nill, but public opinion has a way to persuade.[/align]

[align=justify]Of course, expect the crying howls from editorial boards across this vast 254-county state when and if the OpenCarry.com petition gains a foothold in next month’s legislative session.[/align]

[align=justify]The Second Amendment protects all of the rest. It is not for a militia and it is not for the National Guard. [/align]It is for individuals. And guns are not for hunting. They are to keep our government honest and accountable.

darthmord

imported post

Mike wrote:
They are to keep our government honest and accountable.

This.

Perhaps'The People'across the US should rise up, show up on the doorsteps to their respective states' capitol buildings and demand redress from their governments.

It would be a sight to see.

The main problem with our governments in the US is we allow lawyers to write the laws they will use in court.

Miracle

imported post

Most excellent. I live on the border of Ellis County. Good to know people are standing up.

Found an interesting, if lengthy, read today. Lots of statistics. Since I can not make a new thread on this forum I'll post it here. Perhaps someone moddish can move it to a better spot? If it has been posted before, sorry for the repost.

http://www.gunowners.org/fs0404.htm