• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the forum

bhxdm

imported post

I just stumbled on this forum. I have enjoyed reading about your open carry experiences. I myself would love to open carry, but I can't afford to get arrested at this moment. Hopefully more LEOs will begin to understand the law. Thats all for now.

Daddyo

imported post

Welcome, and I totally understand what you mean about not being able to afford to get arrested. The general population doesn't seem to be a problem, its the police who are confused. Of course, during the winter I'm cc'ing more because I have a coat on. But I'm intentionally concealing badly so that more folks can see that I'm carrying and be used to it by the time summer roles around.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Welcome, well start small and OC at next years Iron Bowl.......
Then you only have to worry about which side the leo was going for.

I had to suck it up, and get my permit from the auburn half of the station.
But after I had it in my hands I voiced my displeassure at having to use that
counter. Sadly she was an auburn fan, because she didn't get it when I
said "I'll pay cash so there is no paper trail to follow".

If you realy want to play it safe, get a nonresident permit that works with Ga, or Tn
then go OC there on weekends. Even if they nab your NR permit, you still have
your AL one safe and sound. But above all else, study the laws, and know what
detaining is. Good place to start is the great videos on "never talk to police",
and know your rights ones as well.
Just don't forget to CC the recorder when you OC the pistol.
Who would have thought that obeying the law was so much trouble.:uhoh: