• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a Gun Belt

powershooter

imported post

Does anybody know of a local gun shop or retailer in the Richmond area that sells leather gun belts . I want to see and hold one before I shell out $$$ for one , also like to buy local . Thanks , Bo .

essayons

imported post

Degoff's in Mechanicsville usually has a pretty good selection of ccw holsters and belts to go with them if that is what you are looking for. Also good service and friendly folks.

For a police style belt try Southern Gun World. Its on Southside across from the VSP headquarters, in front of Dominion Shooting Range.

Or you could wait for the next gun show. There are usually a few custom leather shops selling their wares.

Or you could try http://www.crossbreedholsters.com I have one of their belts and am very pleased.

Or you could go to wal-mart and buy the thickest and stiffest 1-inch leather belt they have, worked pretty well for me.

hunter45

imported post

I just ordered a gun belton eBay. I don't like to order belts online in case they don't fit, but it was a good deal. I hope it works out alright.

powershooter

imported post

I am looking for a 1-3/4 leather gun belt . thanks for all the responses , I will stop in Degoffs and see what they have . :D

powershooter

imported post

I need a 38-40 size , might get a chance to get out and look after christmas .;)

Marco

imported post

Not from the Richmond area, so I have no idea locally.

But I have and use:

1. Wilderness belt w/ stiffner
2. Uncle Mikes 1.25" dress belt
3. Haugen Leathers 1.5" Sharkskin dress belt
4. Black Water Riggeer's belt (currently on sale at botach dot com for 9.95)
5. Galco's instructors belt 2"

markand

imported post

Get the stiffest belt you can find, IMHO.

It may seem counter-intuitive, but a stiff belt really does wonders when you're carrying a large weight on the belt. I favor belts from AKJ Concealco. http://www.concealco.com/miva/merchant.mvc

Their belts have a metal or plastic stiffener between two layers of leather. They don't stretch, otherwise wear very well and support a large amount of weight. Absolutely worth the price. Not sure if you can find the locally in Richmond. Their belt page is: http://www.concealco.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ACL&Category_Code=054BELT

zoom6zoom

imported post

I've got to add another plug for The Beltman. These are double layer belts, which keeps them from sagging or stretching. While they are available with stiffeners, I have not found that necessary for a sidearm in the SIG229 class.

As was mentioned, you must pay attention to the measuring instructions if you want the belt sized correctly.

Renegade

imported post

I would also suggest that you search the area for local leather craftsmen. These guys spend most of their time performing custom work and repair services for local bikers. I am confident they can provide you with exactly what you wish at a reasonable price.

cREbralFIX

imported post

Don Hume's belts are good. I have a B109 in 1.25". It's at least 5 years old now and still going. It cost around $45. If you want a "normal" looking belt, this is a good choice.

Also look at the Galco biothane belts (plastic-like material). They're very good and seem to help prevent the gun from tilting back. This belt looks "normal" too.

The Wilderness and/or "Instructor" belts look like military belts, if that's the look you want.

powershooter

imported post

I am looking for normal looking tan or black . I went to Bass Pro today in ashland after I got off work and did not see anything worth buying there . I will look at the hume tonight online , thanks .:D

powershooter

imported post

Wow , they have a large selection of belts on there . I did like the 5.11 tac basket weave black leather belt they had on there . not a bad price either .

marine2000

imported post

Well...

Most of my clothing i wear are all from 5.11

I really like the quality and plus they are all battle tested in an controlled environment.

I have personally seen the endurance level on these clothing and i can say that.. they were mind boggling.....truly amazing...!!!!!!!!!!