• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jury Summons in Chesapeake

PayMeNow

imported post

Dudes,

I just got a jury summons for the Circuit Court. This kind of scares me. This is the time for picking Ryan's jury. I'm pretty young and have never been to a trial. I know the dirtbag disrict attorney will try to keep me off the jury so I have cancelled all of my gun magazines. I love the FIJA website. Lots of good clues about doing your civic duty like the constitution intended. What else can I do?

Peace Out

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

PayMeNow wrote:
Dudes,

I just got a jury summons for the Circuit Court. This kind of scares me. This is the time for picking Ryan's jury. I'm pretty young and have never been to a trial. I know the dirtbag disrict attorney will try to keep me off the jury so I have cancelled all of my gun magazines. I love the FIJA website. Lots of good clues about doing your civic duty like the constitution intended. What else can I do?

Peace Out
Well don't be 'scared'! Maybe impressed by the awesome responsibility that you may be handed.

Your magazines, canceled or not, will not alone keep you off the jury. It is your political mind set that led you to subscribe that will and that will be investigated in voir dire. Relax, be honest. Watch, listen, learn.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

PayMeNow wrote:
Dudes,

Peace Out
I call "troll'

Dude,

You say "Ryan" as if you knowthe guypersonally. Do you? If so, you dont belong on a jury

You have called the "disrict attorney" a dirtbag on an internet forum (its a "Commonweath Attorney", by the way - "Prosecutor" works as well). He should keep you off the jury. You are not fair and impartial if you are calling the prosecutor a dirtbag on the internet. You are already showing a bias.

You cancelled your gun magazine subscriptions because you got called for Jury Duty?

please.......

suntzu

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
PayMeNow wrote:
Dudes,

Peace Out
I call "troll'

Dude,

You say "Ryan" as if you knowthe guypersonally. Do you? If so, you dont belong on a jury

You have called the "disrict attorney" a dirtbag on an internet forum (its a "Commonweath Attorney", by the way - "Prosecutor" works as well). He should keep you off the jury. You are not fair and impartial if you are calling the prosecutor a dirtbag on the internet. You are already showing a bias.

You cancelled your gun magazine subscriptions because you got called for Jury Duty?

please.......
First, IS the Commonwealth Attorney a dirtbag? You are allowed your opinion. Just because you have no use for a prosecutor does not and should not automatically disqualify you for jury duty--the evidence after all is what you are looking at...did the prosecution or the police mess up the case, is the evidence legitimate, or are they twisting facts to suit their own personal causes, forcing a round peg to fit in a square hole?. Again everyone has their own personal agenda--but you should be able to see that in many instances now the ADA, prosecutor, or whatever name you wish to call them, sometimes do go to extraordinary lengths to convict someone--even if it means withholding evidence that could exonerate you...

Second, I see why you would cancel your subscriptions--but if a questionnaire is used, you will have to disclose that information anyway.

In reality--both sides are not hoping for a fair or impartial jury--the prosecution wants to win, and so does the defense--and so both are going to want jurors sympathetic to their individual causes...

GWRedDragon

imported post

It does sound a bit like the wrong attitude. Being on a jury is about fairly weighing the facts of the case, not getting someone off who you think of as a buddy you never met. If the killing was really self-defense, your verdict will reflect that. If you see sufficient evidence that it was not, your verdict needs to reflect that too.

It's not a game; more than one life is on the line.