• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon cort rules car is "public place"

YellowHorse

imported post

I just got this distirbing email.

Does this meanyou also can't refuse a vehicle search?

OFF ALERT 12.14.08

IMPORTANT, PLEASE SHARE WITH GUN OWNING FRIENDS AND FORUMS.

OREGON APPEALS COURT RULES YOUR CAR IS A "PUBLIC PLACE."

OPEN CARRY IN A VEHICLE NOW SUBJECT TO LOCAL WHIMS. GUN OWNERS AT RISK AS THEY TRAVEL THROUGH OREGON.

MORE INFO:

http://oregonfirearms.org/alertspage/12.14.08%20alert.html

Dannny L

imported post

Now that Obama has been elected all kinds of liberal judges will press our rights. I for one will STILL consider my car asPRIVATE not public.

JBURGII

imported post

From OFF:

If your car is now considered a "public place" will a law enforcement officer need a warrant to search it?

This is foremost in my mind. So if I am stopped and I refuse a search.. does this give LE a foothold?

J

murphy2

imported post

Now anyone can use your car without asking? Like a public drinking fountain? Do you not have the right to defend your "public place" (vehicle) or your family member inside it? What BS! Oregon, so safe it's dangerous.