• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fullsize 1911 Holster Question

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I have a Galco combat master for my full sized 1911. I've found as I've been able to wear it while driving (6 hr drives) and really forget that I have it on. It is my primary OC & CC rig. When camping or hiking I use a Blackhawk Serpa.

Luggo

imported post

+ 1 on the Sparks VM II. Worth the 6 month wait and $100 pricetag for me. I'm a certified fat guy and it is very very comfortable. I sit at a desk most of the day and drive quite a bit too.

Bandit

imported post

I generally carry my fullsize 1911 in a Blackhawk serpa CQC. Its pretty much become my staple holster and I currently own one for all the guns I carry with any kind of regularity.

GetA2J

imported post

I have a great Galco IWB it is called the summer comfort. it does have reinforcement at the mouth for easy reholstering.

I prefer my Croosbreed supertuck though as it seems to allow more circulation around the gun and prevents some of the moisture buildup from being against my body.

YMMV

imported post

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe for my Kimber Compact 1911, and another for my fullsize XD Tactical in .45. I don't think you could get a better holster for the money. I think they are 65.50 not including accessories of course. The Answer at Tucker gunleather is the same idea, as is the Minotar IWB. For outside the waist band I like the Carrylock but I always carry mine concealed. Part of the reason for that is my Crossbreed is so damn comfortable. I just got the belt with the velco clips and you wouldn't know that I'm carrying unless I told you.

GetA2J

imported post

There is another choice for the crossbreed STYLE of holster.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kholster-IWB-Holster-for-Colt-1911-or-1911A1-All-Makes_W0QQitemZ320331051355QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item320331051355&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

A little cheaper but I have not seen one in person and cannot verify their quality. I do know that around Christmas time they had a sale, all of their tuckable type holsters were $30.

Peacemaker .45

imported post

I've been looking at tuckable holsters since most of the time my shirts are tucked in. I've been looking at the CrossBreed Super Tuck and the Galco Skyops for my full size 1911. Anyone have any input on the Galco? I see CrossBreed is kydex and Galco is leather. Any preference over leather or kydex, does kydex wear on your firearm?

Thanks. Peacemaker .45

GetA2J

imported post

Peacmaker, I have a Galco Summer Comfort leather. It has a metal reinforcement around the mouth to ease reholstering. It works very well and is WAY comfortable. However my body chemistry seems to cause moisture to gather around the "inboard" side of the gun's slide and cause a little rusting. My crossbreed allows for just enough circulation to keep moisture away and no rust.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Bein' a long time carrier... I don't fool with IWB/OWB, 'Virginia tuck' nonsense or any of that shizzle. I wear a gunbelt!