• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Senator Mark Herring (D-33rd District) is having a pancake breakfast on Jan 3rd

RedKnightt

imported post

Mark Herring, the state Senator for eastern Loudoun and a small wedge of Fairfax County, is doing a pancake breakfast at the Leesburg VFW Hall. I got this e-mail:

[align=left]"Dear Friend,[/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]I hope this email finds you well during this holiday season.[/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]Please join mefora Senate send-off pancake breakfast in anticipation of the start of the 2009 General Assembly Session. This year's pancake breakfast send-off willbe held on Saturday, January 3 from 9 - 11 a.m. at the Leesburg VFW Hall, 401 Old Waterford Road.A donation of $10.00 per person is suggested. [/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]Thank you for all of your support, and I look forward to seeing you on January 3rd!
[/align][align=left]Sincerely,[/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]Mark Herring"[/align]If you live in this area, as I do, this is an opportunity to meet and talk with your state Senator before Lobby Day on the 19th.

his website: http://www.markherring.org/

Project Vote Smart's profile: http://www.votesmart.org/bio.php?can_id=50846

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

RedKnightt

imported post

Well, according to the profile in the link I provided above in case people wanted to look up his stand on issues :D, he voted Nay on SB 476, which would have allowed CHP holders to conceal in restaurants if they didn't drink, and voted Nay on SB 436, allowing concealed weapons in vehicles with a CHP.

Based on that, I'd say he's not terribly pro-2A, which is even more reason to show him that this is an issue his constituents care about.

Plus, there's gonna be pancakes.

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
Well, according to the profile in the link I provided above in case people wanted to look up his stand on issues :D, he voted Nay on SB 476, which would have allowed CHP holders to conceal in restaurants if they didn't drink
right! So show up and open carry as Herring commands yo to do!!!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

ed wrote:
I guess the VFW is private property... I would guess if I go, I would be asked to leave...
Huh? Are you asked to leave all private property restaurants? The VFW is a "club" with an ABC license - OC required.

RedKnightt