• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Research Paper

frgntsmtn

imported post

Hey i was wondering if any one knew a source that i could use for my research paperthat showed by putting gun bans into affectwe wouldtaking firearms out of the hands of law-abiding citizens and leaving criminals better armed i have looked at alot of sites but havnt found a good reliable source

nitrovic

imported post

frgntsmtn wrote:
Hey i was wondering if any one knew a source that i could use for my research paper that showed by putting gun bans into affect we would taking firearms out of the hands of law-abiding citizens and leaving criminals better armed i have looked at alot of sites but havnt found a good reliable source

Here is your research paper-

Washington DC.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Lets not forget Australia, and Britian. Two more great examples.
I dare your professor to argue it is Va, and Pa fault in those examples.
Remember when politicaly incorrect you need more than just facts, you
need examples that show the stupid feel good logic is flawed.

So try hitting your head with a hammer, and then jot down all the stupid
things that come to mind. Then refute them in your paper. This should
be a good start to the lunacy you will be facing. :banghead::banghead:

Of course you simply must turn it in while wearing your empty holster.:shock:

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Try reading a book?

Dr. John R. Lott Jr., More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws (1998, U. Chicago)

Dr. Lott's dataset and protocols are on-line at his AEI site (free registration).

I could have sworn that was proved to be the biggest farce in pro-gun history. Yes, yes it was.

http://www.gunguys.com/?p=1381

If you're writing a college level research paper at anything other than the worst community college in your state, your sources need to be sold and reasonably unbiased. Lott is well know for being a farce and was, in fact,given as a shiningexample of a source not to use in my E120 class. If it's a high school paper, go for it. They don't actually check sources.

Seems sort of ironic, in the light of all that, for you to criticize the guy that actually posted a helpful example. D.C., England, etc anywhere that guns have been banned and crime has gone up make for great anecdotal evidence.

As for hard facts and research, good luck with that. Most real-world statistics on gun control are not in your favor. Stick to D.C. and England, try to find statistics for crime before and after the ban. It's going to be up to you to sell the idea that the ban is the cause of the crime increase and not just a correlation.

compmanio365

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Try reading a book?

Dr. John R. Lott Jr., More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws (1998, U. Chicago)

Dr. Lott's dataset and protocols are on-line at his AEI site (free registration).

I could have sworn that was proved to be the biggest farse in pro-gun history. Yes, yes it was.

If you're writing a college level research paper at anything other than the worst community college in your state, your sources need to be sold and reasonably unbiased. Lott is well know for being a farse and was, in fact,given as a shiningexample of a source not to use in my E120 class. If it's a highschool paper, go for it. They don't actually check sources.
Hi-Tech%20Trolling%20for%20Crappie-DVD250.jpg

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:

Yes, you wrote nothing. If you're going to accuse someone of trolling, at least contribute something yourself.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
I could have sworn that was proved to be the biggest farce in pro-gun history. Yes, yes it was.
As usual I disagree with luser=12267.

A larger farce in "pro-gun history" is Michael A. Bellesiles' Arming of America: the Origins of a National Gun Culture (2000, Diane, Darby PA) out of print and ranked #1,325,140 at Amazon.com.

I suggest that luser=12267 knows nothing of academic research or dialogue, and certainly nothing of 'proof'.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

GumiBear

Founder's Club Member
imported post

frgntsmtn wrote:
Hey i was wondering if any one knew a source that i could use for my research paperthat showed by putting gun bans into affectwe wouldtaking firearms out of the hands of law-abiding citizens and leaving criminals better armed i have looked at alot of sites but havnt found a good reliable source

This video and the entire website is a good place to start.

http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/2a-today-download.htm

nitrovic

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
Here is your research paper-Washington DC.
Hoo, that's helpful.

Thinking that there might be an image with some sense, I enabled images and saw no sense, including a twenty-something wannabe with a white-haired avatar! HO Ho ho, 6722 desperately seeking significance as an 'adult'.
Back on topic Dougie. BTW, is the "twenty something" supposed to be a put down? I'm well above that, but thanks.:celebrate I'll take that put down anyday.

nitrovic

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Try reading a book?

I could have sworn that was proved to be the biggest farse in pro-gun history. Yes, yes it was.

If you're writing a college level research paper at anything other than the worst community college in your state, your sources need to be sold and reasonably unbiased. Lott is well know for being a farse and was, in fact,given as a shiningexample of a source not to use in my E120 class. If it's a highschool paper, go for it. They don't actually check sources.
Hi-Tech%20Trolling%20for%20Crappie-DVD250.jpg
I'm not understanding the "trolling" issue. Please tell me where that come in with the post in question?

nitrovic

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
As usual I disagree with luser=12267.

A larger farce in "pro-gun history" is Michael A. Bellesiles' Arming of America: the Origins of a National Gun Culture (2000, Diane, Darby PA) out of print and ranked #1,325,140 at Amazon.com.

I suggest that luser=12267 knows nothing of academic research or dialogue, and certainly nothing of 'proof'.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$
That's cute Dougie, you say "luser" instead of "user". Wow! Good one buddy.:uhoh: