View Poll Results: What do you think of the Ryan Frederick Case?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • The implications of this case are related to firearms ownership and useage in Virginia and the thread is appropriate for OCDO

    33 82.50%
  • This topic has nothing to do with OCDO and should be locked/ deleted

    7 17.50%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78

Thread: Ryan Frederick Poll

  1. #1
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961

    Post imported post

    Two threads about Ryan Frederick locke in less than 24 hours. A simple poll to get some opinion.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    Well, pretty obvious why the one thread got locked it degenerated pretty quick

    I'll draw my own conclusions, which I assume are spot on, to why the one thread I posted was locked...

    I think the RF incident has implications for everyone in VA and is important.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran T Dubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Va, ,
    Posts
    892

    Post imported post

    The Ryan Frederick Case should be important to every free person.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

  4. #4
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    It doesn't really matter what the results of a poll are.

    This forum belongs to Mike and John, and as far as I understand, they are the only two who can decide to close a thread.

    The subject may or may not be important to all Virginians, and all US Citizens for that matter, but if Mike and John don't wish to spend the time watching threads every 30 seconds, that is their prerogative.

    Without speaking for them, it is my feeling in the short time I've been here that they are interested in maintaining a good reputation for the Open Carry movement as a whole, and when certain subjects are discussed in non-civil manners, it does not serve the community.

    If you feel it is important to discuss any issue that is not being discussed here, then I would suppose the subtle hint is to find somewhere else to do so.

    Just my 2 cents.

    TFred


  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/admin.htm

    "CAUTION: Admin is the most powerful of all Warriors and drawing him into direct battle invites almost certain defeat."



    No offense, Thundar. I amvery interested in RF's case. I think many of us are.

    But its John and Mike's forum.I got to respect their exercize of their rights over it.

    I'm happy to receive by PM links to updates.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  6. #6
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    Citizen wrote:
    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/admin.htm

    "CAUTION: Admin is the most powerful of all Warriors and drawing him into direct battle invites almost certain defeat."
    Funny cartoon, since I believe they are both in law school!

    TFred


  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    TFred wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/admin.htm

    "CAUTION: Admin is the most powerful of all Warriors and drawing him into direct battle invites almost certain defeat."
    Funny cartoon, since I believe they are both in law school!
    LOL. I didn't even think about that.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran T Dubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Va, ,
    Posts
    892

    Post imported post

    Maybe they close the threads because they tend to get off topic after multiple pages and sometimes become anti law enforcment.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    T Dubya wrote:
    Maybe they close the threads because they tend to get off topic after multiple pages and sometimes become anti law enforcment.
    I'll draw my own conclusions, which I assume are spot on, to why the one thread I posted was locked...


  10. #10
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    I can't really answer that Thundar. In a perfect world, where we really discussed Open Carry subjects, I'd say it was not a topic that should be allowed.....But with just looking at what is on my screen now, there are 19 open topics including this one....so lets say 18 topics.

    8 of them are NOT OC related....So it is not a perfect world.

    The final word belongs to the owners though!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    VA Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    558

    Post imported post

    Thundar wrote:
    Two threads about Ryan Frederick locke in less than 24 hours. A simple poll to get some opinion.
    Because this site has a very pro leo slant in case you haven't noticed.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    44

    Post imported post

    Yes.

    This is important, whether or not it explicitly deals with open carry.

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    Two threads about Ryan Frederick locke in less than 24 hours. A simple poll to get some opinion.
    Because this site has a very pro leo slant in case you haven't noticed.
    No offense, Glen. I'm not sure that's worded entirely fairly.

    I'm the last guy you'll find defending LEO's. And I think the site owners are more looking for a very balanced representation of LEOs.

    From what I can tell, if one generalizes about LEOs in way that makes all LEOs look bad, they probably personally object, occasionally make that objection public, and if it gets going among several posters such that it might give visitors the idea the site is anti-LEO, then they lock it down. If it gets real ugly, John locks it himself while also expressing strong objection.

    While either or both owners may be personally very pro-LEO, I think their bigger concern, as expressed more than once, is that LEO-bashing undermines our goals when visitors view the site. Lots of people--visitors--are verypro-LEO. Especially including LEOs who visit.

    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Kevin108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portsmouth, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    353

    Post imported post

    If Frederick's case did not involve him being in possession of marijuana, it might be a different story. He used his firearm while breaking the law. Drugs and guns don't mix in my book.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    VA Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    558

    Post imported post

    Kevin108 wrote:
    If Frederick's case did not involve him being in possession of marijuana, it might be a different story. He used his firearm while breaking the law. Drugs and guns don't mix in my book.
    Whether it's marijuana or or anything else illegal, law enforcement has no right to break the law to enforce the law and thats what is coming into question. Since most gun owners are opposed to marijuana or other drugs that is why he is not getting full fledged support. And that can be dangerous, sort of like the peom or story from Nazi Germany "there was no one left to fight for me" (I may have the title wrong)

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas, USA
    Posts
    138

    Post imported post

    GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    Kevin108 wrote:
    If Frederick's case did not involve him being in possession of marijuana, it might be a different story.Â* He used his firearm while breaking the law.Â* Drugs and guns don't mix in my book.
    Â*
    Whether it's marijuana or or anything else illegal, law enforcement has no right to break the law to enforce the law and thats what is coming into question. Since most gun owners are opposed to marijuana or other drugs that is why he is not getting full fledged support. And that can be dangerous, sort of like the peom or story from Nazi Germany "there was no one left to fight for me" (I may have the title wrong)
    Yup. However you might feel about certain drugs, if the state can tell you what you can and cannot put into your own body, where does it end?

    The War On Drugs has cost us all a considerable amount of money and freedom, and corrupted many who are entrusted with keeping the peace (see 'civil asset forfeiture').

    First they came for the machine guns, and I didn’t speak up because I had no machine guns.
    Then they came for the “assault weapons,” and I didn't speak up because I had no assault weapons.
    Then they came for the rifles, and I didn't speak up because I had no rifles.
    Then they came for the handguns, and I didn't speak up because I had no handguns.
    Finally, they came for my double-barreled shotgun, and I only managed to kill two of them.
    (before they mowed me down with their machine guns, assault weapons, rifles and handguns (while I was trying to reload)).

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,509

    Post imported post

    Kevin108 wrote:
    If Frederick's case did not involve him being in possession of marijuana, it might be a different story. He used his firearm while breaking the law. Drugs and guns don't mix in my book.
    Do you feel the same about someone who is abused after a traffic stop? After all, speeding is against the law.

    I have to point out that Frederick was in possession of less than a joint's worth of marijuana. The "major grow operation" that triggered the raid involved garden plants, not marijuana.

    But, I voted yes. This is not just a 2A case, it's a 4A case. All OCDO civil rights activists should care deeply about this case, and all other 4A abuses carried out in the War On Some Drugs.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    15

    Post imported post

    Dudes,

    What is up with the bad attitudes? One of you said I'm a troll on my thread. My Mom showed me this site. I didn't log on until I had news. How does that make me a troll?

    Anyways, it seems really stupid to abuse ryan Fredericks rights because he was defending his home. I don't have all of the 411, so I'll keep an open mind.

    For the dude that said I should just look at the facts, well you are WRONG!!! You look at the facts and at the justness of the law. Go to the FIJA website if you don't believe me.

    Peace Out



  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    Thundar wrote:
    Two threads about Ryan Frederick locke in less than 24 hours.Â* A simple poll to get some opinion.
    I think it's obvious why the one in reference to the jury selection got locked. The poster stated he was possibly going to be part of the jury, then stated he had a problem with the prosecution. Not only that, he was very familiar with the case before hand. That is the kind of information the prosecutor and defense attorney's need to have. I doubt a "fair" trial can come out of that one.

    Furthermore, another poster "Sheriff" stated he hopes the trial gets a change of venue. I'm presuming so he can possibly be on the jury. Obviously this is very concerning and the Commonwealth Attorney has been advised of this post on this site. The comments of some possible "juror" selectee's on this forum is horrific and goes against everything the US legal system was set up for.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    Two threads about Ryan Frederick locke in less than 24 hours.Â* A simple poll to get some opinion.
    Because this site has a very pro leo slant in case you haven't noticed.
    Is this a joke or are you being serious???

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    deleted by nitrovic

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    nitrovic wrote:
    Furthermore, another poster "Sheriff" stated he hopes the trial gets a change of venue. I'm presuming so he can possibly be on the jury. Obviously this is very concerning and the Commonwealth Attorney has been advised of this post on this site. The comments of some possible "juror" selectee's on this forum is horrific and goes against everything the US legal system was set up for.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    The below was posted by member "paymenow"-


    PayMeNow
    Member


    Joined: Tue Dec 16th, 2008
    Location:
    Posts: 2
    Status: Offline
    Posted: Tue Dec 16th, 2008 07:51 am
    Dudes,

    I just got a jury summons for the Circuit Court. This kind of scares me. This is the time for picking Ryan's jury. I'm pretty young and have never been to a trial. I know the dirtbag disrict attorney will try to keep me off the jury so I have cancelled all of my gun magazines. I love the FIJA website. Lots of good clues about doing your civic duty like the constitution intended. What else can I do?

    Peace Ou

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    The below was posted by member "Sheriff" in reference to the jury post-


    Sheriff
    Member


    Joined: Mon May 19th, 2008
    Location: Virginia USA
    Posts: 907
    Status: Offline
    Posted: Tue Dec 16th, 2008 09:06 am
    I would love to sit on the jury. I pray for a change of venue.

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Vic, do you ever tire of seeing yourself post? Generally, it's considered spamming to post so many time consecutively.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •