• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ryan Frederick Poll

What do you think of the Ryan Frederick Case?

• The implications of this case are related to firearms ownership and useage in Virginia and the threa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This topic has nothing to do with OCDO and should be locked/ deleted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hsmith

imported post

Well, pretty obvious why the one thread got locked it degenerated pretty quick

I'll draw my own conclusions, which I assume are spot on, to why the one thread I posted was locked...

I think the RF incident has implications for everyone in VA and is important.

TFred

imported post

It doesn't really matter what the results of a poll are.

This forum belongs to Mike and John, and as far as I understand, they are the only two who can decide to close a thread.

The subject may or may not be important to all Virginians, and all US Citizens for that matter, but if Mike and John don't wish to spend the time watching threads every 30 seconds, that is their prerogative.

Without speaking for them, it is my feeling in the short time I've been here that they are interested in maintaining a good reputation for the Open Carry movement as a whole, and when certain subjects are discussed in non-civil manners, it does not serve the community.

If you feel it is important to discuss any issue that is not being discussed here, then I would suppose the subtle hint is to find somewhere else to do so.

Just my 2 cents.

TFred

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/admin.htm

"CAUTION: Admin is the most powerful of all Warriors and drawing him into direct battle invites almost certain defeat."

No offense, Thundar. I amvery interested in RF's case. I think many of us are.

But its John and Mike's forum.I got to respect their exercize of their rights over it.

I'm happy to receive by PM links to updates.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Maybe they close the threads because they tend to get off topic after multiple pages and sometimes become anti law enforcment.

hsmith

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Maybe they close the threads because they tend to get off topic after multiple pages and sometimes become anti law enforcment.

I'll draw my own conclusions, which I assume are spot on, to why the one thread I posted was locked...

;)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I can't really answer that Thundar. In a perfect world, where we really discussed Open Carry subjects, I'd say it was not a topic that should be allowed.....But with just looking at what is on my screen now, there are 19 open topics including this one....so lets say 18 topics.

8 of them are NOT OC related....So it is not a perfect world.

The final word belongs to the owners though!

sailer

imported post

Yes.

This is important, whether or not it explicitly deals with open carry.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Thundar wrote:
Two threads about Ryan Frederick locke in less than 24 hours. A simple poll to get some opinion.
Because this site has a very pro leo slant in case you haven't noticed.

No offense, Glen. I'm not sure that's worded entirely fairly.

I'm the last guy you'll find defending LEO's. And I think the site owners are more looking for a very balanced representation of LEOs.

From what I can tell, if one generalizes about LEOs in way that makes all LEOs look bad, they probably personally object, occasionally make that objection public, and if it gets going among several posters such that it might give visitors the idea the site is anti-LEO, then they lock it down. If it gets real ugly, John locks it himself while also expressing strong objection.

While either or both owners may be personally very pro-LEO, I think their bigger concern, as expressed more than once, is that LEO-bashing undermines our goals when visitors view the site. Lots of people--visitors--are verypro-LEO. Especially including LEOs who visit.

Kevin108

imported post

If Frederick's case did not involve him being in possession of marijuana, it might be a different story. He used his firearm while breaking the law. Drugs and guns don't mix in my book.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
If Frederick's case did not involve him being in possession of marijuana, it might be a different story. He used his firearm while breaking the law. Drugs and guns don't mix in my book.
Whether it's marijuana or or anything else illegal, law enforcement has no right to break the law to enforce the law and thats what is coming into question. Since most gun owners are opposed to marijuana or other drugs that is why he is not getting full fledged support. And that can be dangerous, sort of like the peom or story from Nazi Germany "there was no one left to fight for me" (I may have the title wrong)

FreedomJoyAdventure

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Kevin108 wrote:
If Frederick's case did not involve him being in possession of marijuana, it might be a different story.  He used his firearm while breaking the law.  Drugs and guns don't mix in my book.

Whether it's marijuana or or anything else illegal, law enforcement has no right to break the law to enforce the law and thats what is coming into question. Since most gun owners are opposed to marijuana or other drugs that is why he is not getting full fledged support. And that can be dangerous, sort of like the peom or story from Nazi Germany "there was no one left to fight for me" (I may have the title wrong)

Yup. However you might feel about certain drugs, if the state can tell you what you can and cannot put into your own body, where does it end?

The War On Drugs has cost us all a considerable amount of money and freedom, and corrupted many who are entrusted with keeping the peace (see 'civil asset forfeiture').

First they came for the machine guns, and I didn’t speak up because I had no machine guns.
Then they came for the “assault weapons,” and I didn't speak up because I had no assault weapons.
Then they came for the rifles, and I didn't speak up because I had no rifles.
Then they came for the handguns, and I didn't speak up because I had no handguns.
Finally, they came for my double-barreled shotgun, and I only managed to kill two of them.
(before they mowed me down with their machine guns, assault weapons, rifles and handguns (while I was trying to reload)).

KBCraig

imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
Do you feel the same about someone who is abused after a traffic stop? After all, speeding is against the law.

I have to point out that Frederick was in possession of less than a joint's worth of marijuana. The "major grow operation" that triggered the raid involved garden plants, not marijuana.

But, I voted yes. This is not just a 2A case, it's a 4A case. All OCDO civil rights activists should care deeply about this case, and all other 4A abuses carried out in the War On Some Drugs.

Sheriff

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Over the last quarter century, we’ve seen an astonishing rise in paramilitary police tactics by police departments across America. Peter Kraksa, professor of criminology at the University of Eastern Kentucky, ran a 20-year survey of SWAT team deployments and determined that they have increased 1,500 percent since the early 1980s— mostly to serve nonviolent drug warrants.

I think the discussion and outcome of this caseare very important to any law abiding citizen and gun owner. The entire case was pretty bizarre from the very beginning, IMHO.

There's at least two victims in this case. First, obviously the cop who died. Secondly, a citizen who felt he was defending his life and his property, he sits in jail with no bond. And the fact that this citizen decided to protect himself and his property with a firearm should be of particular interest to all of us here.

PayMeNow

imported post

Dudes,

What is up with the bad attitudes? One of you said I'm a troll on my thread. My Mom showed me this site. I didn't log on until I had news. How does that make me a troll?

Anyways, it seems really stupid to abuse ryan Fredericks rights because he was defending his home. I don't have all of the 411, so I'll keep an open mind.

For the dude that said I should just look at the facts, well you are WRONG!!! You look at the facts and at the justness of the law. Go to the FIJA website if you don't believe me.

Peace Out

nitrovic

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Two threads about Ryan Frederick locke in less than 24 hours.  A simple poll to get some opinion.

I think it's obvious why the one in reference to the jury selection got locked. The poster stated he was possibly going to be part of the jury, then stated he had a problem with the prosecution. Not only that, he was very familiar with the case before hand. That is the kind of information the prosecutor and defense attorney's need to have. I doubt a "fair" trial can come out of that one.

Furthermore, another poster "Sheriff" stated he hopes the trial gets a change of venue. I'm presuming so he can possibly be on the jury. Obviously this is very concerning and the Commonwealth Attorney has been advised of this post on this site. The comments of some possible "juror" selectee's on this forum is horrific and goes against everything the US legal system was set up for.