• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ryan Frederick Poll

What do you think of the Ryan Frederick Case?

• The implications of this case are related to firearms ownership and useage in Virginia and the threa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This topic has nothing to do with OCDO and should be locked/ deleted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nitrovic

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Thundar wrote:
Two threads about Ryan Frederick locke in less than 24 hours.  A simple poll to get some opinion.
Because this site has a very pro leo slant in case you haven't noticed.

Is this a joke or are you being serious???:uhoh:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Furthermore, another poster "Sheriff" stated he hopes the trial gets a change of venue. I'm presuming so he can possibly be on the jury. Obviously this is very concerning and the Commonwealth Attorney has been advised of this post on this site. The comments of some possible "juror" selectee's on this forum is horrific and goes against everything the US legal system was set up for.

nitrovic

imported post

The below was posted by member "paymenow"-

PayMeNow

Posted: Tue Dec 16th, 2008 07:51 am
Dudes,

I just got a jury summons for the Circuit Court. This kind of scares me. This is the time for picking Ryan's jury. I'm pretty young and have never been to a trial. I know the dirtbag disrict attorney will try to keep me off the jury so I have cancelled all of my gun magazines. I love the FIJA website. Lots of good clues about doing your civic duty like the constitution intended. What else can I do?

Peace Ou

nitrovic

imported post

The below was posted by member "Sheriff" in reference to the jury post-

Sheriff

Posted: Tue Dec 16th, 2008 09:06 am
I would love to sit on the jury. I pray for a change of venue.

Sheriff

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Furthermore, another poster "Sheriff" stated he hopes the trial gets a change of venue. I'm presuming so he can possibly be on the jury. Obviously this is very concerning and the Commonwealth Attorney has been advised of this post on this site.
Good. Maybe the Commonwealth will ask for a change of venue so I can serve.

Thanks!

nitrovic

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
Furthermore, another poster "Sheriff" stated he hopes the trial gets a change of venue. I'm presuming so he can possibly be on the jury. Obviously this is very concerning and the Commonwealth Attorney has been advised of this post on this site.
Good.  Maybe the Commonwealth will ask for a change of venue so I can serve. 

Thanks!

From the story it looks like they may, I doubt from your posts you will though. I also doubt because of your claimed ,"prior police" status you will either.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Kevin108 wrote:
If Frederick's case did not involve him being in possession of marijuana, it might be a different story. He used his firearm while breaking the law. Drugs and guns don't mix in my book.
Do you feel the same about someone who is abused after a traffic stop? After all, speeding is against the law.

I have to point out that Frederick was in possession of less than a joint's worth of marijuana. The "major grow operation" that triggered the raid involved garden plants, not marijuana.

But, I voted yes. This is not just a 2A case, it's a 4A case. All OCDO civil rights activists should care deeply about this case, and all other 4A abuses carried out in the War On Some Drugs.
Thats part of the problem, to many gun owners only care about the Second Ammendment.

nitrovic

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Kevin108 wrote:
If Frederick's case did not involve him being in possession of marijuana, it might be a different story.  He used his firearm while breaking the law.  Drugs and guns don't mix in my book.
Do you feel the same about someone who is abused after a traffic stop? After all, speeding is against the law.

I have to point out that Frederick was in possession of less than a joint's worth of marijuana. The "major grow operation" that triggered the raid involved garden plants, not marijuana.

But, I voted yes. This is not just a 2A case, it's a 4A case. All OCDO civil rights activists should care deeply about this case, and all other 4A abuses carried out in the War On Some Drugs.

So the informant in the case broke into the defendants home prior to this and stole regular plants? That doesn't make sense.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

marshaul wrote:
Vic, do you ever tire of seeing yourself post? Generally, it's considered spamming to post so many time consecutively.

I suspect Vic is trying to wreck thread discussionsand get threads locked.

He makesunnecessarily antagonistic and/or hostile posts.

Then when someone takes the bait, he escalates rapidly.

Certainly he seems to enjoy getting into arguments.He certainly gets into plenty of them. With a few other members as exceptions, mostof the rest of the forum tries to avoid such fights with tact and diplomacy most of the time. Compare that to Vic's methods.

He also utilizesoff-forum toolsagainst members. He's threatenedto report me to police; and in thisthread he's reported a member or his post to the courts. This is the only person I've ever seen on this forum use this sort of tactic. Its an extreme solution, in my mind. But it fits right in with his modus operandi of quick, steep escalation.

He's been involved in the arguing that seemed to help get a few recent threads locked.Threads that I suspect, if they had been kept civil, wouldn't havebeen locked.

I recommend members not take the bait on any of Vic's argumentative, hostile, or tactlessposts. Not unless one wants to wreck the discussion or see the thread locked.

Edited to Add: Please do not comment on this post in a way that might be offensive to Vic, or anyone else. It would only perpetuate the animosity. Lets get back to the thread topic, and keep it in-bounds with respect tothe forum rules.

hsmith

imported post

Citizen,

There are several members here I just pretend don't exist - I wish more would - There wouldn't be as many derailed threads...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hsmith wrote:
Citizen,

There are several members here I just pretend don't exist - I wish more would - There wouldn't be as many derailed threads...

I understand.

Please, lets not turn this into a chorus against Vic. If you have a complaint against him, take it to the moderators.

Just refuse to take his bait. Refuse to comment on his posts with any hostility. Just keep it very, very civil.

If nothing else, it will highlight in glaring neon his methods. If nothing else, when a fight starts, it really will be easy to see who startedit, andwho escalated it and how.

Sheriff

imported post

Citizen wrote:

Certainly he seems to enjoy getting into arguments.He certainly gets into plenty of them. With a few other members as exceptions, mostof the rest of the forum tries to avoid such fights with tact and diplomacy most of the time. Compare that to Vic's methods.

He also utilizesoff-forum toolsagainst members. He's threatenedto report me to police; and in thisthread he's reported a member or his post to the courts. This is the only person I've ever seen on this forum use this sort of tactic. Its an extreme solution, in my mind. But it fits right in with his modus operandi of quick, steep escalation.

He's been involved in the arguing that seemed to help get a few recent threads locked.Threads that I suspect, if they had been kept civil, wouldn't havebeen locked.

I recommend members not take the bait on any of Vic's argumentative, hostile, or tactlessposts. Not unless one wants to wreck the discussion or see the thread locked.

The red font above, that be me. I think I am suppose to be shaking in my boots. :lol:

The rest of your reply, I agree 100%.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sheriff,

Please, please, please. It does no good. And perpetuates the "unpleasantness."

Please consider deleting your post.

Thundar

imported post

Citizen wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Vic, do you ever tire of seeing yourself post? Generally, it's considered spamming to post so many time consecutively.

I agree, except that there was one other lackey that reported us to BATFE for proposing the open carry of long guns - JAGWAG!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thundar wrote:
Citizen wrote:
SNIP I suspect...
SNIP I agree, except that...

Please, just let it quietly go. Almost any comment that "agrees" or continues along the lines of my post is going to start another argument.

Back to the thread topic.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Thundar wrote:
Citizen wrote:
SNIP I suspect...
SNIP I agree, except that...

Please, just let it quietly go. Almost any comment that "agrees" or continues along the lines of my post is going to start another argument.

Back to the thread topic.
This is like arguing with a woman. You say a bunch of stuff, someone else says some stuff, you say "FINE" and anything said after that is the beginning of a new argument. Cranky old men ....

:p