Thread: I contacted the NRA

Post imported post

Just for fun I contacted the NRA via email and ask for their interpretation of the law concerning open carry in Alabama. Here is the response I received:

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

Thanks for contacting NRA-ILA. Alabama prohibits open carry. Please let
    us know if you have further questions, and as always, we appreciate your
    support!

Best Wishes,

Krista Cupp
    NRA-ILA Grassroots Division

Just thought that might interest you guys.

Post imported post

Looks like the NRAand the Alabama A.G. have diffrent ops.

Post imported post

Yeah thats why i posted it. Its funny you would think the NRA would be on top of this, seems they have no clue.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

The reason that the NRA has been in existence is to earn money by being the good-cop to Sara Brady, the bad-cop. They BOTH point fingers at each other and cry, "EVIL! If you don't send money then they will win."

The NRA cannot allow the Second Amendment to be 'uninfringed' because their very existence and financial well being depends on the sale of exceptions to these infringements. The NRA accepts its thirty pieces of silver and pats its members on the head promising to lead them to Jerusalem - - next year. Meanwhile their lobbyists' kids finish college.

"Next year may we be in Jerusalem!" concludes Passover Seder.

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

I just got off the phone with a friend that moved to AL this year, from VA. More than a couple cops have told him OC is technically 'illegal' as someone can simply do the 'man with a gun' call and the guy get arrested for 'inciting panic' or somesuch.

Any thoughts on this? I'll be visiting AL here in a couple days but have my FL non-res for CC purposes.

Post imported post

The cops can do whatever they want. A court will throw out a disorderly conduct charge in a heartbeat. It's simply BS.

If people were really getting convicted of DC because someone is scared I'd start calling in big muscular people... they scare me.

Post imported post

Hi... well last year whenI contacted the NRA they told me that ocw was legal and thats when i started ocw here inMarshall county...after a few run ins withLEO I called the NRA and talked with the ILA at the NRA.... They also said yes Alabama was an open carry state but just not a gold state which means you have to have a permit to carry in a vehicle...Even the map on this open carry.com shows Alabama as an ocw state....Even the DA of my county says that ocw is legal with a few restrictions...

I call the NRA 1-800- number and then ask for the ILA department...Got a yes its legal both times...