• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More 2A friendly?

Johnyt101

imported post

Not being a resident of Arizona, I am not sure if Jan Brewer is pro second amendment or not. If she is, then do residents of Arizona think she will sign some if not all of that firearm freedom legislation that Janet vetoed? I remebered that a bill lowering the penalty for carrying concealed without a license got vetoed, does anyone think that Brewer would sign that bill, or do one better and rid Arizonans of having to get a license to conceal (just like open carry)?

Just intrested in people's thoughts.

PS I saw that South Carolina has a bill that would eliminate the requirement to get a permit to conceal carry.

Johnyt101

imported post

Well I really hope she turns out to be very pro 2A. If we can get one more unrestricted state when it comes to all forms of carry it might just get the ball rolling, especially if it is a pretty sizeable state like Arizona.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Eliminating the CC permit would present problems in those states which recognize the AZ CWP. W/o that... ya couldn't carry in those states at all.

Johnyt101

imported post

Arizona could become like Alaska, there is no permit to carry open or concealed, however you can still apply for a License to Carry so that you can carry in other states.

ca2az96

imported post

Johnyt101 wrote:
Arizona could become like Alaska, there is no permit to carry open or concealed, however you can still apply for a License to Carry so that you can carry in other states.

+1

It's starting to look like we're finally going to get some major 2A advancements in this state.