• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is happening now.

canadian

imported post

Let me see if I have this right...

You left a loaded Glock 20, 2 loaded spare clips and a bag full of other ammo unattended and unsecured at your duty post?

Are you a troll?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Too many holes and too many violations of SOP for me to get worked up about something you brought down on yourself at the worksite.

You may have a legitimate complaint with the police regarding not being given a receipt. But you had the opportunity to say you wanted one and apparently did nothing like that. So I'm not going to get too worked up about it.

If you are not a troll (and please note I am not accusing you in any way of being a troll) you appear to suffer from severe cognitive disfunction (and please note that I am not saying you in fact have severe cognitive dysfunction). Folks just like to categorize to make things easy for themselves, and those are the two categories that seem to fit best so far.

stay safe.

skidmark

Dom

imported post

Wow, I don't usually bring out a blowtorch on these forums. In a backpack, you take to work and leave unattended:

10 pack of Barrett 50 BMG in plastic cartridge holder
and worse:

Glock20 loaded

Sorry, I'm not buying your story. The BMG rounds, a loaded Glock, and "clips"....unattended. How was the Glock "seen" in a closed backpack? And while it's your right to carry any of those, the key word is "carry", not leave unattended.

Either you're a troll or you got what you deserved for your irresponsibility. Anyone leaving a loaded weapon unsecured in public is just asking for....nevermind it's obvious to most people. If your story is true, which I'm highly suspicious of, you got off easy.

rodbender

imported post

Duh. You should have taken the backpack with you to the interview. Duh.If asked, just say your car door won't lock and you haven't had time to fix it. Duh.Oh, well. Duh. I suppose the trunk lock is broken as well. Duh. You never leave a firearm unattended, NEVER. DUH! You deserve what you get for being a moron, if you are not a troll. Duh. There should be a law against stupid, but there's not, so feel lucky you only lost your stuff. Duh. I do hope you get it back, only because I think you will definitely be a lot more responsible from this point forward.

NEVER LEAVE A FIREARM UNATTENDED, NEVER!!!! DUH!!!!

Here's one for ya. I went to the courthouse in my county to register my pickup and car trailer. (I let them both expire. Duh.) As I walked in, I happened to notice a gray pickup with "Office of Emergency Management" on the door. I walked by in the front of this pickup. As I walked out, I was walking by the rear of the gray pickup and noticed the tailgate down with a small black bag on it (about the size of a shaving kit). I looked around and nobody was anywhere around. I thought to take it inside and when I picked it up, there was no doubt a revolver was in this bag. Well, the courthouse is 30.06 posted and it was illegal to carry in a concealed weapon and with no open carry in Texas, I was stuck. I took the bag in anyway and gave it to a lady at the registration window and told her where I found it. She said she knew the pick up and would return it to the owner. I told her to tell him he needs to be extra careful and not to be leaving things of this nature where just anybody can get them. She looked in the bag and gasped and said she would definitely give him the message. She was not happy at all. As I was leaving, she was talking to a deputy sheriff about what was in the bag. DUH. PersonallyI hope he gets in a lot oftrouble for this careless act.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Keep a canister of this on hand but only use when necessary.

Some postings cause headaches and blurry vision while others simply induce a fit of chortles. This product is analgesic and makes an excellant air freshner however it has not been proven to be effective relief from guffaws, snickers and chortles.

Avoid indiscriminate overuse as product can be habit forming. Children have been known to seek out the second hand use thereof for personal attention needs.

Yata hey

Dustin

imported post

trool%20feed.jpg

Sheepdawg

imported post

high noon wrote:
Well.......................Tough crowd here.

Thanks for all the responses.

Iknow what I did and that whatI didwas wrong; with what I did, what I didis done sothanks for highlighting the obvious.

what I was looking for are thequestions at the end of the post.
They end with one of these (?)

Not atroll

To be more clear:(the pack was behind a desk inasecured area that must be attended 24-7 the pack is also my range bag)
I have an answer to your questions, but I fear I am still stating the obvious. No reciept= No return:(Sorry but your stuff is probably gone for ever

nitrovic

imported post

Different jurisdictions have different ways of handling evidence/property. Some give you a receipt at the scene, other items that are too big to be packaged at the scene may not require a receipt be given. Why not just call the evidence supervisor and check with them? If you don't get an answer, call the police supervisor.

The reason some here are calling "troll" is fairly obvious. Gun rights advocates take pride in the 2nd amendment and don't appreciate people potentially ruining our rights. It gives more ammunition (no pun intended) for the anti-gun group. You leaving your weapon unattended/not secured is a HUGE issue.

Maybe you should seek out an NRA basic weapons class..

Gunslinger

imported post

Leave a loaded pistol unattended? Surprised you're in trouble? You're lucky you weren't charged with creating an attractive nuisance--at least. In many states, you could have been charged with felony reckless behavior. What kind of clip are you talking about? Do you mean a magazine for the Glock? There is no "check" on radios, loose ammo or magazines, so what exactly are they "running"? The super found your gun, but not the paper with your name on it or other identifying documents? Uhhh, what?

Dustin

imported post

high noon wrote:
the pack is also my range bag)

So where was this .50 that you own ? Why lug around ammo for no reason ?

As far as I can see, since you did make this mistake, and it could be considered a huge offense, you should be happy if you get anything back.

It might turn into one of those, Shut Up, or we'll charge you things.

Eitherway You might want to stop talking to us, and CALL A LAWYER if your that concerned.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I feel badly for the OP as I fear this is going to turn into a VERY expensive lesson about responsible gun ownership, storage and carry.

Personally, I would follow Nitrovic's advice.