• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man spotted with concealed weapon at parade.

charlie12

imported post

Carondalet wrote:
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?s=9523293

What has he done wrong?

As long as his BAC is under 0.05% he's not violating anything, correct?

I guessthis confirms that you can conceal while watching a parade, but restricted

from carrying while participating in a parade. Correct me if I am wrong.
The news story doesn't saw if they tested him and if they didn't they wouldn't know if he was .05 or not. If all the details are in the news story it sounds like GPD screwed up again. I would not carry at or in a parade since they don't have that ironed out yet.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

charlie12 wrote:
Carondalet wrote:
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?s=9523293

What has he done wrong?

As long as his BAC is under 0.05% he's not violating anything, correct?

I guessthis confirms that you can conceal while watching a parade, but restricted

from carrying while participating in a parade. Correct me if I am wrong.
The news story doesn't saw if they tested him and if they didn't they wouldn't know if he was .05 or not. If all the details are in the news story it sounds like GPD screwed up again. I would not carry at or in a parade since they don't have that ironed out yet.
You do know I have FAQ pages on http://louisianacarry.org that covers those types of questions already, right?

Flintlock

imported post

If concealing was his goal, he didn't do a very good job of it. I also find it interesting that the article made it sound as though bells and whistles went off when his pistol was revealed under his shirt... People hardly notice when I OC, soI can't imagine that the oblivious are any different in that locality.

When I have carriedconcealed, I have never even been close to being "made."

Additionally, I am not one that promotes the thought of drinking and carrying at the same time as I have always felt that it puts gun owners in a bad light, regardless of alcohol content. I just don't see the need, but if it is legal, then to each their own, I guess.