• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA Crime Commission Meeting - Jan 13, 2009

streetdoc

imported post

I noticed that the General Assembly has announced the time and location of the follow-on meeting of the Crime Commission. It is scheduled for 10am in Senate Room B of the General Assembly Building. We need to be there and not let them off the hook. If they hold to what they said at the last meeting, they should be doing their Committee vote for the "Loophole" Background Checks.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

streetdoc wrote:
I noticed that the General Assembly has announced the time and location of the follow-on meeting of the Crime Commission. It is scheduled for 10am in Senate Room B of the General Assembly Building. We need to be there and not let them off the hook. If they hold to what they said at the last meeting, they should be doing their Committee vote for the "Loophole" Background Checks.

Our appearance at this meeting is going to be more important than some might realize, as they announced that there would be no public discussion on the issue.

Showing up will at least make them think for a millisecond about what they are about to do.

Based on the last hearing when several potential bill drafts were read, they could bog down on defining an "unlicensed dealer" as opposed to the "occassional seller" - there were options of 100+ guns a month to as few as one gun every 6 months for a definition of "unlicensed dealer". Our hope may be based on how crazy they get on trying to pin down what it is they want to be opposed to.

stay safe.

skidmark

Repeater

imported post

streetdoc wrote:
What's really interesting, I think, is that they moved the meeting across the Hall to Room B, which is much larger.