• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Candidate Moran

6L6GC

imported post

Tony Macrini has Delegate Moran on the radio (AM 790 WNIS) from 9 to 10 this morning. I emailed in a question for candidate Moran. My question is:

"would you as governor sign into law a bill providing for civil immunity in cases of lawful use of force for self defense?"

His answer was that he was a long time, "strong" supporter of gun rights and was in complete agreement with what is called the castle doctrine. He, like most, don't seem to understand that the Castle Doctrine and civil immunity is NOT the same thing, even though the two are closely related.

He rambled on for a few minutes and it was clear that he is of the opinion that he thinks we already have civil immunity in such cases. He's wrong though. No surprise there.

He also mentioned twice that he thinks it is or should be perfectly legal to use deadly force to protect one (and one's family)in one's home. I guess once we go out the front door we're to be subject to murder, rape, armed robbery, etc.

He never did actually say if he'd sign the bill, although I'm sure that he meant his answer to infer that he would. I however am no fool and know that his record is one of contempt of Article 13 and the people who believe it is the supreme law of the Old Dominion.

6L6GC

imported post

I wouldn't have/didn't believe anything he said anyway. I just wanted to hear his response. He supports the second amendment just like schumer does.

riverrat10k

imported post

thanks 6l6gc.

This guy is not on our side. We should continue to pressure this fellow on his beliefs.

After all, he does want to govern the whole state, not just NOVA, right?