• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One gun a Month ?

Gordie

imported post

Nevada is good to go!:celebrate

The only thing that was accomplished by Virginia's law is it made the straw purchasers have to drive a few extra miles to get to another unregulated state.

rodbender

imported post

When are the law givers going to get it. All they have to do is pass a law that makes dying a felony, that would certainly fix the problem of violent crime. Nobody wants to be a convictedfelon.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I don't like or agree with "one gun a month". I doubt that it is effective with straw purchases, and I know that it doesn't prevent murderers (Cho).

They first took away our right to purchase firearms
and I didn't speak up because I don't buy many guns.....

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rodbender wrote:
When are the law givers going to get it. All they have to do is pass a law that makes dying a felony, that would certainly fix the problem of violent crime. Nobody wants to be a convictedfelon.

Well it would be more effective to make it against the law to die as the result of being shot by a criminal. That would solve the problem of innocent gunshot deaths.

You don't want the simple act of dying to be illegal, after all there are some folks who really do need to move on to make room for more reasonable people.:banghead:

Regards

rodbender

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
rodbender wrote:

Well it would be more effective to make it against the law to die as the result of being shot by a criminal. That would solve the problem of innocent gunshot deaths.

You don't want the simple act of dying to be illegal, after all there are some folks who really do need to move on to make room for more reasonable people.:banghead:

Regards
I most certainlyagree. What was I thinking?

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Like ALL gun control laws, this is a feel good measure that does ZERO to prevent crime, and ONLY infringes upon a law-abiding citizen's right to keep and bear arms.

If you ain't wit me, you agin' me.

SecondAmendmentStudents

imported post

http://www.stategunlaws.org/xshare/pdf/scorecard/2007/2007_state_scorecard.pdfpurports to list "one handgun per month" laws for all 50 states. Be warned though: I don't consider the Brady Campaign a terribly reliable source of information. For example, fully half of Utah'sscore isundeserved imo: Utah is credited (or dinged, depending on your perspective) for "No Shoot First Law: Deadly force not allowed to be a first resort in public" despite a very clear 76-2-402 (3) "A person does not have a duty to retreat ..."

nova

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:
Anyone running guns and can legally buy a gun can just get a CHP. The 30 day law is not going to stop many un-caught criminals.
True. The law didn't fix much to write home about. Virginia simply wanted the spotlight taken off of them when being accused of selling any amount of guns to anybody at any given time, thereby creating the "gun runner" problemin other states. It could be described as one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" laws. It fixed our publicity problem, but didn't solve the problem in other states.
Well that didn't take the spotlight off of virginia in the least. Remember Bloomberg?:?