• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

URGENT: Time to Re-Double Efforts for Texas Petition - 50,000 mark nears!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks - time is running very short and we still do not have a bill introduced - if you have not spammed all your friends, family members, work associates, blogs, and online newspaper comment sections with a request to saddle up on this issue yet, now would be the time: http://www.petitiononline.com/texasoc/petition.html

With more signatures we can get more publicity and make a more clear impression on the legislature. But we only really have a few days or weeks left to do it.

We need to blast thru 50,000 signatures like crap thru a goose and never look back!!

---

As of 17 DEC 08 at 12:58 Eastern Time:

Open Carry of Handguns in Texas

We endorse the Open Carry of Handguns in Texas Petition to Texas State Legislature and Texas Governor Rick Perry.

48,744 Total Signatures

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Here is my 'MySpace bulletin post from today: (feel free to copy, add to, edit, however you see fit for your own postings...)

Subject: Calling all TEXAS residents! Stand up for your rights! Body: Our founding fathers guaranteed us certain unalienable rights.
One of those most basic rights is to 'Keep and BEAR arms'.
Currently Texas is one of only 6 states in which it is ILLEGAL to openly carry a handgun! Many of the other 44 states allow any legal, law abiding adult citizen to openly carry a handgun without any permit or license!
Weather or not you own or even like guns is irrelevant when it comes to the infringement of your individual rights! By allowing the government to continue to regulate ANY right, you must ask yourself how long will it be before they start infringing on the rest of your rights?
There is a well organized group that is working on getting legislation introduced to the 2009 Texas legislative session.
You can help by signing the petition at: http://www. petitiononline. com/texasoc/petition. html

For more information, questions, comments, or to get more actively involved visit: www. opencarry. org

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

I would love to be able to SIGN THE PETITION! But, I am not a Texas Resident!

Go Texas Residents.... Sign the Petition!!!!

But, I feel like I am preaching to the choir!

JoeSparky

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

That is true....

I guess I could forge my deceased father-in-law's name (died in Aug '08, San Antonio) but that just wouldn't be right, would it?

JoeSparky

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

TFred wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
That is true....

I guess I could forge my deceased father-in-law's name (died in Aug '08, San Antonio) but that just wouldn't be right, would it?

JoeSparky
Not until we start the Chicago petition...

TFred

But for it to be True to form for Chicago.... His name would be there several times already, as well as his parents, and their parents, and their parents...

JoeSparky

Cowboy_Rick

imported post

Now it's 49298+ so we're gettin' there! Double would be VERY nice.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Cowboy_Rick

imported post

With 49440 signatures it seems like someone would like to make up the bill because this is a lot of VOTES to deal with!!!

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

In talking with people yesterday I was told by two people that they would sign it 'if one existed'.... I wrote the link on the back of one of my business cards for both of them!!!
I'm thinking of printing up some business cards with the OCDO logo and a quick 'plea' to sign the petition and carrying them around with me (probably start with the gun show in Austin today!)

Cowboy_Rick

imported post

Good idea, Gator5713, the "DRUG" war south of the Border is heating up-JUAREZ is only 16 hour drive from Dallas area and most of the way is 40-50 miles per hour. The Drug Cartel has been across the border twice that I have heard of and that was this year!

By the way we are now at50011 and counting.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate