• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Class In Your Own Home

Dustin WJ

imported post

My name is Dustin Winegar. I am a Utah certified concealed firearm instructor. I will come to your own home or business to teach the class. The cost is $35 per person or $60 per married couple. (Includes all the necessary training, fingerprints, and photo.) If you or someone you know would like to schedule a class, call me at 801-671-5379 or e-mail me at dustinwinegar@yahoo.com.

Thank you,
Dustin Winegar

Dustin

imported post

From one Dustin, to another ;)

You might have confused us with some other Pro Conceal Carry site.

Of course with all the REAL Advertisements being paid for by Pro Conceal sites, I can see the confusion.

Eitherway, it's illegal to advertise your business, without proper permissions from the owner. :)

Orygunner

imported post

Other than the fact this is spam (although pro-gun spam is probably better than the other kind), I have a question...

How about "domestic partners?" Do they have to pay the $35 each, or do you let them get the $60 deal?

...Now let's see if he comes back to answer it...
...Orygunner...

Dustin WJ

imported post

Dustin wrote:

Of course with all the REAL Advertisements being paid for by Pro Conceal sites, I can see the confusion.

Eitherway, it's illegal to advertise your business, without proper permissions from the owner. :)
Sorry, I didn't realize that I couldn't post a class here. I would delete it, but I no longer see an option to. To answer the other question, the $60 deal is only for couples who are married.

eyesopened

imported post

Dustin wrote:

I dont' see what the big deal is. The VA guys post upcoming classes in our section and it's no issue. I didn't realize you were the self imposed moderator or forum cop.:lol:

Conceal carry or open carry, doesn't matter so long as you carry...

Carnivore

imported post

Pamiam wrote:
Sounds like a great service!

Maybe move it to the Utah category?

I agree, if all is legit and legal, this would be a great service to elders and folks w/ disabilities aside from having to travel outside of a 50 mi. radius of their home to attend a class, even OC folks mayneed the option to CC from time to time..

I take it this does not include qualifying ?

dyver1

imported post

Dustin WJ wrote:
My name is Dustin Winegar. I am a Utah certified concealed firearm instructor. I will come to your own home or business to teach the class. The cost is $35 per person or $60 per married couple. (Includes all the necessary training, fingerprints, and photo.) If you or someone you know would like to schedule a class, call me at 801-671-5379 or e-mail me at dustinwinegar@yahoo.com.

Thank you,
Dustin Winegar

I can get together about 1/2 a dozen people who would be willing to pay $35 each for this class in my house.

When will you be available in Northern Virginia?

Be Careful Out There!

Paul

Alexcabbie

imported post

Actually since a CHP is needed to OC in a vehicle in plces like Ohio and Pennsylvania, if they honor Utah permits and you are from a place like Vermont where CC is legal without a permit and you thus can't get one, this might be very useful...

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Dustin WJ wrote:
To answer the other question, the $60 deal is only for couples who are married.
Married religiously or married according to the State? Does it have to be the State of Utah? What about a marriage from a different country? Common law marriages? What about same sex marriages?

Dustin

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
Dustin wrote:

I didn't realize you were the self imposed moderator or forum cop.:lol:

As if the same can't apply to your very own post.

Are you against my freedom of speech?

If I were a MOD, I would have moved his topic to his own state's thread, and then contacted the site owner to see if he had a policy about public advertising.

I MOD for about 5 differentforums on the web, what I said was true, and warranted.

eyesopened

imported post

wow way to blow it out of proportion. take a deep breath and count to 10 guy. It's just the internet for goodness sake. Maybe disconnect for a bit... :lol:

Dustin

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
wow way to blow it out of proportion. take a deep breath and count to 10 guy. It's just the internet for goodness sake. Maybe disconnect for a bit... :lol:

Out of proportion ? You called me out and are accusing me of something I'm not. If this isn't the kind of response your looking for, then watch what you say, and how you say it :cool:

If you think some random stranger saying something over the internet get's me going, than maybe it's you who needs to disconnect. This is just a simple reply.

I simply just answered your false claim. ;)

Count to 10, LOL ! Please .....

eyesopened

imported post

Well nice edit job. Anyways since you didn't realize I was joking with my first comment, maybe I should liberally use smilies at every sentence to ensure you understand. :lol::lol:

My comment of blowing it out of proportion was in response to your question if I'm against your freedom of free speech. No I'm not. You can have a right to say anything you want, whether it's correct or not. :p:D

You told the OP originally that it was illegal for him to advertise. Then in your response you said you'd have to check with the site owner to see what the policy was. Anyways it's just funny how you were attempting to police the thread when you've got no authority to do so. There is nothing in the rules saying that advertising on the forum is illegal: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html. I didn't see you cite the fact that advertising was illegal so there is my cite. :idea:

Anyways this is off topic so if you'd like to continue this discussion feel free to PM me. :)

To get back on topic, I would be interested if this is offered in VA. The local range that does UT permits is backed up. I don't want to put a deposit down just so I have to wait to take the course. I want instant gratification. :cool: