• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Danbus goes to trial Feb 10, 2009

kwrose66

imported post

skidmark wrote:
The date is Monday, January 13, 2009. The calendar calls for it at 9 AM, but that is merely the start of the business day for the court. When his case will be called is a decision made by the Clerk, the lawyers, and the judge.

Just so I am sure, it is Tuesday the 13th, or Monday the 12th. Thanks for the info.

K. Rose.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kwrose66 wrote:
skidmark wrote:
The date is Tuesday, January 13, 2009. The calendar calls for it at 9 AM, but that is merely the start of the business day for the court. When his case will be called is a decision made by the Clerk, the lawyers, and the judge.
Just so I am sure, it is Tuesday the 13th, or Monday the 12th. Thanks for the info.

K. Rose.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 is correct.

Yata hey

SP101

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Maybe the OP should change/correct the date/time as I also saw the error and wondered which was right. My B day is Mon. Jan 12th, so I noticed it right away.:)

jegoodin

imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
Do we have a solid time yet. I do have to work tomorrow, but will be there for as long as possible.
Do we know if it is still on? Also, I'm from NoVA and want to be there for it. Where is the court house?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

jegoodin wrote:
Reverend73 wrote:
Do we have a solid time yet. I do have to work tomorrow, but will be there for as long as possible.
Do we know if it is still on? Also, I'm from NoVA and want to be there for it. Where is the court house?
Scheduled time is 9:00 AM tomorrow, Tues. 1/13 but as with all such, motions and order in which cases are called will effect actual start time.

Because of the early morning hour in which some of us will be leaving, no pre court breakfast meet up is anticipated but I would be nice to get together for lunch during the recess. OC should be the dress code then.

Someone else will need to provide the actual court location - I am depending on my motor pool assigned driver.

Would love to see a SRO courtroom.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://norfolk.citysearch.com/profile/map/10605353/norfolk_va/norfolk_general_district_court.html

Map to Norfolk General District Court. Airel view suggests a parking structure as part of the complex.

Interested folks meet just inside the metal detectors at 8:50 AM to walk to the courtroom and plan lunch activities.

Remember - no guns, ammo, knives, cellphones, bazookas or thermonuclear devices allowed on courthouses. Also no nailclippers or files of any sort. Based on experiences as witness and doing business at other courthouses, bring ID and no more than $5 in loose change, no more than $20 total cash. The less you have in your pockets the less you will have to mess with or be messed with about.

I suggest no empty holsters, but if you want to increase your chances of a body-cavity search you are welcome to bring your holster for show-and-tell.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

And no cell phones, recorders or cameras.

Paper and pen permitted - remember those?

Yata hey

PayMeNow

imported post

I have some work in the morning that I can't get out of.

Can somebody post the status via cellphone?

Where is everybody meeting for lunch? Hooters in Waterside Park would be appropriate.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

A couple things, Dan's witnesses couldn't make it today, still working on the who exactly owns Waterside. Dan, please correct me if I'm wrong.