• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to react to mass-murder scenarios

AllAmerican

imported post

This was a good video and then I watched the video about England and Australia and how they lost their guns.

2 things stuck out to me:

1) The politicians and those whose aim it is to ban our tools will capitalize on our not being a cohesive unit

2) The gentleman who said (because of #1), join the NRA.

Ive been holding off on where I planned on putting my money with regards to this issue and this gentleman made sense.

We need to have a united front. There is no other way.

opusd2

imported post

Just a cunning linguist, I imagine...

I will report that most of my firearms training were from my ex-Vietnam dad who was a distinguished rifleman and although he had his share of cabbage, it never stayed on his chest very long due to "comments of negative natures" to the CO who nearly got most of the men killed. More of my training came straight from the USAF when out in excercises playing with the moany toys at my disposable, and the remainder came from growing up shooting every kind of arm at most forms of pest and target.

The point of all this is that anyone with a fair amount of training and a cool head in crisis situations can bring about change to a very negative situation. And a negative situation could be anything form a crazy idiot with no regards for human life (much less his own) or someone coming to relieve us of our personal belongings of ANY sort, even by those elected to protect us.

The day is coming, it's in the wind. I would never say it's me, but if you listen to enough of the chatter and read enough diatribe, the writing is on the wall

Orygunner

imported post

opusd2 wrote:

The point of all this is that anyone with a fair amount of training and a cool head in crisis situations can bring about change to a very negative situation. And a negative situation could be anything form a crazy idiot with no regards for human life (much less his own) or someone coming to relieve us of our personal belongings of ANY sort, even by those elected to protect us.

The day is coming, it's in the wind. I would never say it's me, but if you listen to enough of the chatter and read enough diatribe, the writing is on the wall
+ III

nitrovic

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
TFred wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
PavePusher wrote:
Reaction for most folks here will be "DUH!
This is part of the knee jerk reaction that came out of Columbine. Probably the only good thing to come out of it.
Columbine happened in April 1999.  This report aired in November 2008.  Knee jerk?  In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya, "I do not think that word means what you think it means."  :)
Utterly "inconceivable!"

My frequent day dream in church while the pastor is sermonizing is how to respond to a shooter in a church full of parishioners unarmed.  I WILL convince him that I am armed and will crush him regardless of the consequences.  I've thought this through many times so that, hopefully, it will be easy.

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.

Julius Caesar. Act II, Sc. I, Line 32

Shakespeare

I recall that church shooting last year that took out a good number of people. I've never carried in Church, I really should re-think that though. I would imagine it would be a Muslim extremists dream to enter a large church where they think no "good Christians" would be carrying. The element of surprise would be a nice benefit in that situation.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

AllAmerican wrote:
Thou art the wordsmith no?
Well, you have now similarly dismissed me and GRGRSC's VP Dir. of Legislative Action.

He taught me the value of a principled principal. I have followed his directions. I have ceased when he has said desist. I don't ask him what to do, I do what I can and pray for forgiveness. He does what he can. And 'we' have a higher leader that sees things that little bit differently and that inspires us when the dogs are at our heels.

You ask for 'leadership' while failing to recognize the value and the difficulty of principled leadership. Would you have us follow your flag of folly willy-nilly? Commence leading! Commence!

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$