• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Twitter as a way to publicize open carry?

lprgcFrank

imported post

I'm a recent twitter user.

I am part of a group top conservatives on twitter - (#TCOT) check out the website http://www.topconservativesontwitter.org/ for an interesting organization model that I think might be applicable to the open carry movement.

I'm going to start tweeting when I OC with a hash tag of #opencarry as a way to publicize open carry to the broader world.

any others interested?

twitter ID is same as on here lprgcfrank

VAopencarry

imported post

hmmm, It might be helpful if they actually explained what is twitter and tweeting. Pretty worthless site if you have no idea WTF they are even talking about. and no I am not giving my email addy up just to get twitter 101 that will explain it too me. I am out...

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

We can all speak with one voice through OCDO and its forums. Adding your message (signal) to the infinite rabble (noise) on Twitter will not raise the SNR.

Kind'a like lottery-logic in reverse. "Your chances of winning a lottery are zero if you don't play, if you do play then they are nearly zero." The rabble will be heard on Twitter, join them and you join the rabble's infinite noise.

lprgcFrank

imported post

I agree that we speak with one voice through OCDO.

but consider this - as we OC we encounter the public - thousands ignore us - but some notice and are educated - some notice and are offended - in either case - we are raising the awareness of reasonable prople going about their normal day while armed? isn't that the same on twitter?