• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm new to this site...

Urban Knight

imported post

Hello, my name is Vince, I'm aSoldierat Fort BraggNC. I open carry every time i leave base, i have a Springfield XD .40 that goes with me everywhere. I would trust my life with thisweapon anytime, anywhere. Well i'm new to this site, and i'm glad to see there are so many other people that feel the same way about bearing arms as i do! Kinda gives me a warm fuzzy. Please feel free to say hi! I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you better!

Vince

GumiBear

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome Urban Knight. Kick your shoes off and enjoy, tons of great folks here on the site. Thanks for your service and as a retired service member I salute you and your family for all of your sacrifices.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

I also wish to thank you sir for your service to our nation. Welcome aboard and I am sure you will find this site most informative. Sometimes a little spirited but then again, that's part of being an American.

Enjoy and stay safe.

Urban Knight

imported post

Thank you all very much for your support! Pikes Peak Mountan Man, i used to live in Colorado Springs for about 8 years, old home town lolz! Are there very many Open Carry people from around NC?

nitrovic

imported post

Urban Knight wrote:
Hello, my name is Vince, I'm a Soldier  at Fort Bragg NC. I open carry every time i leave base, i have a Springfield XD .40 that goes with me everywhere. I would trust my life with this weapon anytime, anywhere. Well i'm new to this site, and i'm glad to see there are so many other people that feel the same way about bearing arms as i do! Kinda gives me a warm fuzzy. Please feel free to say hi! I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you better!

Vince

Welcome Vince!!! What unit are you with?

nitrovic

imported post

Urban Knight wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
I'm with B Btry 3/27th Field Artillery, been in for 3 years now ;)

I was Security Forces (USAF), we trained with some "Bragg" guys in Korea. Real solid guys. I don't recall the 27th guns being there, but I'm sure it would be a sight to see!!! The biggest we had were 81mm tubes, I'm sure that's nothing compared to what you guys get to play with.:celebrate

Urban Knight

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Urban Knight wrote:
nitrovic wrote:

I was Security Forces (USAF), we trained with some "Bragg" guys in Korea. Real solid guys. I don't recall the 27th guns being there, but I'm sure it would be a sight to see!!! The biggest we had were 81mm tubes, I'm sure that's nothing compared to what you guys get to play with.:celebrate
We shoot rockets, lolz, i'm with aMLRS unit

nitrovic

imported post

Urban Knight wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
Urban Knight wrote:
nitrovic wrote:

We shoot rockets, lolz, i'm with a MLRS unit

Ohhhh shi!!!! That's even more impressive!!! I don't think they had them when I was in (mid 90's). I bet that's a blast (pun alert).:what:

Urban Knight

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
Urban Knight wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
Urban Knight wrote:
nitrovic wrote:

We shoot rockets, lolz, i'm with aMLRS unit

Ohhhh shi!!!! That's even more impressive!!! I don't think they had them when I was in (mid 90's). I bet that's a blast (pun alert).:what:
It's just like any other job i guess, I'm my unit's Armorer, so i sit in a vault and mess around with different kinds of weapons all day ;P