• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry allowed in hospital?

Kungfu

imported post

I have to leave in the am to visit my sister who got in a terrible car crash yesterday.They flew her to ahospital ina big cityhere inOhio, didnt know if a hospital is considered a prohibited bldg for guns/concealed carry. Thank you in advance.

Legba

imported post

Good question. To my knowledge, hospitals are not automatically "prohibited areas," but all the ones I've been to have the signage prohibiting carry at their own request.

Best wishes for your sis. Yesterday was the anniversary of a good friend being killed in a wreck. Rather ruins the holidays for everyone.

-ljp

Kungfu

imported post

Thank you for your thoughts. I just got back home. I thought about it for quite a while last night while packing. The hospital is named The University of ..... Center, so I figured I should go on the caution side and I treated it as a college campus and went by those rules. She's going to pull through. The morphine had her all wacked out todaybut I'm glad to see she's going to be alright....just going to take a while.