Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: MSNBC host Brzezinski mugged in D.C. The WashingtonTimes.com

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    , Nevada, USA
    Posts
    716

    Post imported post

    These people just don't get it. First they say that the government should protect us. When that fails then they say stuff like "A guy walks across the street straight for her," Mr. Scarborough said, adding the hotel should "at least police five feet outside their own doors."

    Why is it the hotel's responsibility to "police" the sidewalk outside their building? What next, the street in front of the building, down the whole block, within a quarter mile? Where does it stop?

    What does it take for them to realize that the only person always there to protect you, is you.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,705

    Post imported post

    double post



    d'oh
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,705

    Post imported post

    Gordie wrote:
    These people just don't get it. First they say that the government should protect us. When that fails then they say stuff like "A guy walks across the street straight for her," Mr. Scarborough said, adding the hotel should "at least police five feet outside their own doors."

    Why is it the hotel's responsibility to "police" the sidewalk outside their building? What next, the street in front of the building, down the whole block, within a quarter mile? Where does it stop?

    What does it take for them to realize that the only person always there to protect you, is you.
    What do you mean? The Waffen SS should be goose stepping down every block!! Oh wait, the afro nazi isn't in office yet. Don't worry, when the messiah finally takes his rightful place on the throne of the empire all impoverished people will be enriched, and there will be no crime. Furthermore, none of us will need guns any longer.

    Dispensing with sarcasm now. Too bad there are no honest gun toting individuals anywhere to be found in DC. That's the problem.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    "Mayor it was six dollars, it's OK," Mrs. Brzezinski told Mr. Fenty.

    It's not ok. That is never ok. What if he had just wanted her purse, or a quicky in the alley, would that be ok? Where does ok end and the victims the MSM talks about so much begin?

    That being said, I'm not convinced from that story that she was mugged as much as the subject of aggressive panhandling. Since she didn't refuse we don't know if the guy really would have used force, just yelled at her or maybe peed on her shoes. And she says he "asked" for $20 but she only had $6 which she gave him and he apparently just went away. It doesn't say he took her purse or watch or any other items. Something along the lines of "Give me money and nothing will happen," is pretty vague. She obviously felt threatened but being that we don't know what was really said and she didnt' give an exact quote we have to allow that her interpretation may be flawed. I mean really, how many muggers walk up, ask for $20, you say you only have $6, take it, say thank you and just walk away? Muggers in my experience would have snagged her purse and been gone.

    And that, my friends, is why I think she said she was embarrassed. There is no reason to be embarrassed of being a victim of a violent crime. There is reason to be embarrassed to be such a wuss that when a panhandler asks you for $20 while you are 5 feet away from hotel staff who are just inside that you offer him the $6 you have instead because you are afraid rather than just telling him to f - off and get a job. And THAT is what I think happened.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128

    Post imported post

    PrayingForWar wrote:


    What do you mean? The Waffen SS should be goose stepping down every block!! Oh wait, the afro nazi isn't in office yet. Don't worry, when the messiah finally takes his rightful place on the throne of the empire all impoverished people will be enriched, and there will be no crime. Furthermore, none of us will need guns any longer.

    Dispensing with sarcasm now. Too bad there are no honest gun toting individuals anywhere to be found in DC. That's the problem.
    "Afro nazi?" Oh, wait, I get it: he's black, so its funny.

    Dispensing with sarcasm now: pulleeeaaassse.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Real World.
    Posts
    1,705

    Post imported post

    The Donkey wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:


    What do you mean? The Waffen SS should be goose stepping down every block!! Oh wait, the afro nazi isn't in office yet. Don't worry, when the messiah finally takes his rightful place on the throne of the empire all impoverished people will be enriched, and there will be no crime. Furthermore, none of us will need guns any longer.

    Dispensing with sarcasm now. Too bad there are no honest gun toting individuals anywhere to be found in DC. That's the problem.

    "Afro nazi?" Oh, wait, I get it: he's black, so its funny.

    Dispensing with sarcasm now: pulleeeaaassse.
    Don't worry jacka$$, I know you are so concerned with the right to bear arms that you will make sure your messiah stands by his promise to "support the second amendment" and somehow you'll manage to blow off the moonbat fringe who want to disarm everyone besides the criminalsand your fuhrer's minions.
    You're a parasite, but then again, you are programmed too "think" just like the krauts in 1939. It's not you fault, you just follow orders.
    You aren't capable of sarcasm, that would require independent critical thinking skills.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128

    Post imported post

    PrayingForWar wrote:
    The Donkey wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:


    What do you mean? The Waffen SS should be goose stepping down every block!! Oh wait, the afro nazi isn't in office yet. Don't worry, when the messiah finally takes his rightful place on the throne of the empire all impoverished people will be enriched, and there will be no crime. Furthermore, none of us will need guns any longer.

    Dispensing with sarcasm now. Too bad there are no honest gun toting individuals anywhere to be found in DC. That's the problem.

    "Afro nazi?" Oh, wait, I get it: he's black, so its funny.

    Dispensing with sarcasm now: pulleeeaaassse.
    You aren't capable of sarcasm, that would require independent critical thinking skills.
    Calling Obama a "Nazi" diminishes what the nazis did and who they victimized. It suggests a critical lack of appreciation of history. Further, calling him an "afro Nazi" suggests that Obama'sgovernment is somehowafrocentric, when in fact he is just black.

    What are you afraid of, really?

    Is theresomething in common between the pot andwhat you call thekettle?

    Victims of crime often feel embarassed. That shouldn't be held against our MSNBC host.


  9. #9
    Regular Member IanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,896

    Post imported post

    For once, just once... I have to agree with Donkey. OK, now that I've said that I need to go wash my hands.

    PFW, you're comments are way out of line. And... it's rather silly to compare anyone in the US government to Nazi's. Even the current Chinese regime doesn't compare to the Nazi's you dolt.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    The Donkey wrote:
    suggests that Obama'sgovernment is somehowafrocentric, when in fact he is just black.

    What are you afraid of, really?

    Is theresomething in common between the pot andwhat you call thekettle?

    Victims of crime often feel embarassed. That shouldn't be held against our MSNBC host.
    "Our ... host"?

    And affirmative action is Afrocentric while Affirmative Reaction is just racism.

    BO is not "just black" because he has far more intrinsic attributes than blackness.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post


    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    Great trigger finger discipline by the guy on the right and is he holding a DE?

  13. #13
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828

    Post imported post

    PrayingForWar wrote:
    What do you mean? The Waffen SS should be goose stepping down every block!! Oh wait, the afro nazi isn't in office yet. Don't worry, when the messiah finally takes his rightful place on the throne of the empire all impoverished people will be enriched, and there will be no crime. Furthermore, none of us will need guns any longer.

    Dispensing with sarcasm now. Too bad there are no honest gun toting individuals anywhere to be found in DC. That's the problem.
    I take offense at the tone of your comments. Don't get me wrong. I don't like our country's President Elect for many reasons, But none of those reasons are due to his race. I don't like him for his choices!

    It demeans us all to resort to RACIST comments directed to ANYONE even in sarcasm! Not one of us has the ability to choose our parents. But we can choose our actions.

    JoeSparky
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    I'd love to see one stay on topic this week!

    Here's the thread topic again:

    Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty was confronted face-to-face Thursday with some of the district's crime problems, when it turned out the host of the morning talk show he appeared on had been mugged in the city an hour earlier.
    MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski was mugged outside a well-known Washington hotel while waiting for a car to pick her up for the 6 a.m. broadcast of the show she co-hosts with Joe Scarborough, "Morning Joe."
    As the show began, Mr. Scarborough blasted Washington without naming the hotel, saying he needed to talk about what had just happened to his co-host.
    Mrs. Brzezinski said she was embarrassed and didn't want him to tell viewers about the experience, but he detailed the mugging and complained the bell desk should have been paying attention.
    "A guy walks across the street straight for her," Mr. Scarborough said, adding the hotel should "at least police five feet outside their own doors." Mrs. Brzezinski said she gave the mugger the $6 in cash she had with her, adding that he asked her for $20 and said something along the lines of "Give me money and nothing will happen."
    The anchors did not disclose on air the location or name of the hotel, and did not respond to a question via email.
    Mr. Fenty, brought on the show to talk about education and plans for the inauguration of President-elect Barack Obama, told the hosts the matter would be investigated.
    "This is what mayors do," he said. "We are going to look at it and work with the hotel and the police department."
    "Mayor it was six dollars, it's OK," Mrs. Brzezinski told Mr. Fenty. "I love that hotel. I'll need six dollars before I leave the bureau is all."

    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas, USA
    Posts
    429

    Post imported post


    What seems to be missing from this story is the acknowledgement that if Mika Brzezinskihad been free to immediately access her legally carried firearm in Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty's fair city she would have been much safer. Apparently the police were not there to protect her. But then by its very nature, crime rarely occurs in the presence of police.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Huck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Evanston, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    647

    Post imported post

    Given the media's reputation for lying and sensationalism what makes anyone think that this incident happened at all?

    III
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    I'd love to see one stay on topic this week!
    I agree, but I also understand the urge by OCDO members to clean up our own ranks from stuff like this:

    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/war...troglodyte.htm



  18. #18
    Regular Member KansasMustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Herington, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    1,005

    Post imported post

    Truly it is saddening to reference the *annointed one's* race. It is not a racial issue here, I served with folks of all races creeds and national origins who are just as American as I am, even had a Cuban born refugee as a driver when I was a First Sergeant. Good guy, studying hard to get his US citizenship. So knock off the racist BS, it don't float here,
    What IS important is the fact that WE all know what armed defense does against crime, and the fact that apparantly this happened in broad daylight? and the fact that this gal was accosted in front of a probable 5 star hotel is a statement of what this country is going to face more and more of if we let the progressive liberal pieces of excrement take away our right to keep and bear arms.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    I worked comfortably with an Egyptian EOOW EDO Lt. Rafique Anton R_______.

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lamma Island, HK
    Posts
    964

    Post imported post

    Because on the battlefield there is no such thing as race, gender or religion only a soldier...Having to trust another person with your life and being responsible for theirs has a way of allowing one to see clearly. . . Most people never have the honor to experience such clarity.

    KansasMustang wrote:
    Truly it is saddening to reference the *annointed one's* race. It is not a racial issue here, I served with folks of all races creeds and national origins who are just as American as I am, even had a Cuban born refugee as a driver when I was a First Sergeant. Good guy, studying hard to get his US citizenship. So knock off the racist BS, it don't float here,
    What IS important is the fact that WE all know what armed defense does against crime, and the fact that apparantly this happened in broad daylight? and the fact that this gal was accosted in front of a probable 5 star hotel is a statement of what this country is going to face more and more of if we let the progressive liberal pieces of excrement take away our right to keep and bear arms.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    6

    Post imported post

    deepdiver wrote:
    I'd love to see one stay on topic this week!

    Here's the thread topic again:

    Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty was confronted face-to-face Thursday with some of the district's crime problems, when it turned out the host of the morning talk show he appeared on had been mugged in the city an hour earlier.
    MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski was mugged outside a well-known Washington hotel while waiting for a car to pick her up for the 6 a.m. broadcast of the show she co-hosts with Joe Scarborough, "Morning Joe."
    As the show began, Mr. Scarborough blasted Washington without naming the hotel, saying he needed to talk about what had just happened to his co-host.
    Mrs. Brzezinski said she was embarrassed and didn't want him to tell viewers about the experience, but he detailed the mugging and complained the bell desk should have been paying attention.
    "A guy walks across the street straight for her," Mr. Scarborough said, adding the hotel should "at least police five feet outside their own doors." Mrs. Brzezinski said she gave the mugger the $6 in cash she had with her, adding that he asked her for $20 and said something along the lines of "Give me money and nothing will happen."
    The anchors did not disclose on air the location or name of the hotel, and did not respond to a question via email.
    Mr. Fenty, brought on the show to talk about education and plans for the inauguration of President-elect Barack Obama, told the hosts the matter would be investigated.
    "This is what mayors do," he said. "We are going to look at it and work with the hotel and the police department."
    "Mayor it was six dollars, it's OK," Mrs. Brzezinski told Mr. Fenty. "I love that hotel. I'll need six dollars before I leave the bureau is all."
    'scuse me? I was wondering: what happened to MSNBC's responsibility to protect their honoredguest between the hotel's front door and their limo? Who makes more money off the guest's visit: a) the hotel at $500 a night, or b) MSNBC at $500 per second? Yet, MSNBC wants to blame the hotel or the community.



  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Weatherford, TX
    Posts
    126

    Post imported post

    Once again it's the blame game. I personaly blame the panhandler. And that's what it sounds like he was, not a robber. Anyone that's been to Chicago knows how aggressive they can be. I don't see why DC would be any better. My point, however, is that if ever blame is to be placed, it should be placed on the shoulders of the criminal. This could have happened in any city, and offten does.

    And everyone that was bothered by her comment that it was ok because it was only $6, I'm right there with you. How messed up is it that we quantify allowable robbery or assault?

  23. #23
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828

    Post imported post

    And if ALL the pan handler did was to stick his hand out while in close proximity to her and SHE CHOOSE TO FILL IT THEN SHE IS TO BLAME FOR ENABLING / ENCOURAGING SUCH BEHAVIOR!!!!!

    Now, if he was being aggressive and she folded instead of telling him where to get off then BOTH ARE TO BLAME!


    JoeSparky

    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,315

    Post imported post

    KansasMustang wrote:
    ...SNIP,
    What IS important is the fact that WE all know what armed defense does against crime, and the fact that apparantly this happened in broad daylight? and the fact that this gal was accosted in front of a probable 5 star hotel is a statement of what this country is going to face more and more of if we let the progressive liberal pieces of excrement take away our right to keep and bear arms.
    Well not at 6:00 am in Washington DC this time of year it didn't. And "Joe" should consider that fact in his diatribe. There is no way the Hotel could have prevented this. The DC government could have if citizens were allowed to be citizens.

    Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

  25. #25
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828

    Post imported post

    Hawkflyer wrote:
    KansasMustang wrote:
    ...SNIP,
    What IS important is the fact that WE all know what armed defense does against crime, and the fact that apparantly this happened in broad daylight? and the fact that this gal was accosted in front of a probable 5 star hotel is a statement of what this country is going to face more and more of if we let the progressive liberal pieces of excrement take away our right to keep and bear arms.
    Well not at 6:00 am in Washington DC this time of year it didn't. And "Joe" should consider that fact in his diatribe. There is no way the Hotel could have prevented this. The DC government could have if citizens were allowed to be citizens.

    Regards
    You are absolutely correct..... AND WASHINGTON DC IS TO BLAME BECAUSE THEY PROHIBIT OTHERWISE LAWFULL CITIZENS FROM ADEQUATELY PROTECTING THEMSELVES FOR SELF DEFENSE!!!!!

    And I have said NOTHING about what the hotel should or should not have done.

    JoeSparky
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •