• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC host Brzezinski mugged in D.C. The WashingtonTimes.com

Gordie

imported post

These people just don't get it. First they say that the government should protect us. When that fails then they say stuff like "A guy walks across the street straight for her," Mr. Scarborough said, adding the hotel should "at least police five feet outside their own doors."

Why is it the hotel's responsibility to "police" the sidewalk outside their building? What next, the street in front of the building, down the whole block, within a quarter mile? Where does it stop?

What does it take for them to realize that the only person always there to protect you, is you.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Gordie wrote:
These people just don't get it. First they say that the government should protect us. When that fails then they say stuff like "A guy walks across the street straight for her," Mr. Scarborough said, adding the hotel should "at least police five feet outside their own doors."

Why is it the hotel's responsibility to "police" the sidewalk outside their building? What next, the street in front of the building, down the whole block, within a quarter mile? Where does it stop?

What does it take for them to realize that the only person always there to protect you, is you.

What do you mean? The Waffen SS should be goose stepping down every block!! Oh wait, the afro nazi isn't in office yet. Don't worry, when the messiah finally takes his rightful place on the throne of the empire all impoverished people will be enriched, and there will be no crime. Furthermore, none of us will need guns any longer.

Dispensing with sarcasm now. Too bad there are no honest gun toting individuals anywhere to be found in DC. That's the problem.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Mayor it was six dollars, it's OK," Mrs. Brzezinski told Mr. Fenty.

It's not ok. That is never ok. What if he had just wanted her purse, or a quicky in the alley, would that be ok? Where does ok end and the victims the MSM talks about so much begin?

That being said, I'm not convinced from that story that she was mugged as much as the subject of aggressive panhandling. Since she didn't refuse we don't know if the guy really would have used force, just yelled at her or maybe peed on her shoes. And she says he "asked" for $20 but she only had $6 which she gave him and he apparently just went away. It doesn't say he took her purse or watch or any other items. Something along the lines of "Give me money and nothing will happen," is pretty vague. She obviously felt threatened but being that we don't know what was really said and she didnt' give an exact quote we have to allow that her interpretation may be flawed. I mean really, how many muggers walk up, ask for $20, you say you only have $6, take it, say thank you and just walk away? Muggers in my experience would have snagged her purse and been gone.

And that, my friends, is why I think she said she was embarrassed. There is no reason to be embarrassed of being a victim of a violent crime. There is reason to be embarrassed to be such a wuss that when a panhandler asks you for $20 while you are 5 feet away from hotel staff who are just inside that you offer him the $6 you have instead because you are afraid rather than just telling him to f - off and get a job. And THAT is what I think happened.

The Donkey

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:

What do you mean? The Waffen SS should be goose stepping down every block!! Oh wait, the afro nazi isn't in office yet. Don't worry, when the messiah finally takes his rightful place on the throne of the empire all impoverished people will be enriched, and there will be no crime. Furthermore, none of us will need guns any longer.

Dispensing with sarcasm now. Too bad there are no honest gun toting individuals anywhere to be found in DC. That's the problem.

"Afro nazi?" Oh, wait, I get it: he's black, so its funny.

Dispensing with sarcasm now: pulleeeaaassse.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:

Don't worry jacka$$, I know you are so concerned with the right to bear arms that you will make sure your messiah stands by his promise to "support the second amendment" and somehow you'll manage to blow off the moonbat fringe who want to disarm everyone besides the criminalsand your fuhrer's minions.
You're a parasite, but then again, you are programmed too "think" just like the krauts in 1939. It's not you fault, you just follow orders.
You aren't capable of sarcasm, that would require independent critical thinking skills.

The Donkey

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:

You aren't capable of sarcasm, that would require independent critical thinking skills.
Calling Obama a "Nazi" diminishes what the nazis did and who they victimized. It suggests a critical lack of appreciation of history. Further, calling him an "afro Nazi" suggests that Obama'sgovernment is somehowafrocentric, when in fact he is just black.

What are you afraid of, really?

Is theresomething in common between the pot andwhat you call thekettle?

Victims of crime often feel embarassed. That shouldn't be held against our MSNBC host.

IanB

imported post

For once, just once... I have to agree with Donkey. OK, now that I've said that I need to go wash my hands.

PFW, you're comments are way out of line. And... it's rather silly to compare anyone in the US government to Nazi's. Even the current Chinese regime doesn't compare to the Nazi's you dolt.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
suggests that Obama'sgovernment is somehowafrocentric, when in fact he is just black.

What are you afraid of, really?

Is theresomething in common between the pot andwhat you call thekettle?

Victims of crime often feel embarassed. That shouldn't be held against our MSNBC host.
"Our ... host"?

And affirmative action is Afrocentric while Affirmative Reaction is just racism.

BO is not "just black" because he has far more intrinsic attributes than blackness.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:

I take offense at the tone of your comments. Don't get me wrong. I don't like our country's President Elect for many reasons, But none of those reasons are due to his race. I don't like him for his choices!

It demeans us all to resort to RACIST comments directed to ANYONE even in sarcasm! Not one of us has the ability to choose our parents. But we can choose our actions.

JoeSparky

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:banghead: I'd love to see one stay on topic this week!

Here's the thread topic again:

Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty was confronted face-to-face Thursday with some of the district's crime problems, when it turned out the host of the morning talk show he appeared on had been mugged in the city an hour earlier.
MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski was mugged outside a well-known Washington hotel while waiting for a car to pick her up for the 6 a.m. broadcast of the show she co-hosts with Joe Scarborough, "Morning Joe."
As the show began, Mr. Scarborough blasted Washington without naming the hotel, saying he needed to talk about what had just happened to his co-host.
Mrs. Brzezinski said she was embarrassed and didn't want him to tell viewers about the experience, but he detailed the mugging and complained the bell desk should have been paying attention.
"A guy walks across the street straight for her," Mr. Scarborough said, adding the hotel should "at least police five feet outside their own doors." Mrs. Brzezinski said she gave the mugger the $6 in cash she had with her, adding that he asked her for $20 and said something along the lines of "Give me money and nothing will happen."
The anchors did not disclose on air the location or name of the hotel, and did not respond to a question via email.
Mr. Fenty, brought on the show to talk about education and plans for the inauguration of President-elect Barack Obama, told the hosts the matter would be investigated.
"This is what mayors do," he said. "We are going to look at it and work with the hotel and the police department."
"Mayor it was six dollars, it's OK," Mrs. Brzezinski told Mr. Fenty. "I love that hotel. I'll need six dollars before I leave the bureau is all."

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What seems to be missing from this story is the acknowledgement that if Mika Brzezinskihad been free to immediately access her legally carried firearm in Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty's fair city she would have been much safer. Apparently the police were not there to protect her. But then by its very nature, crime rarely occurs in the presence of police.

Huck

imported post

Given the media's reputation for lying and sensationalism what makes anyone think that this incident happened at all?

III

KansasMustang

imported post

Truly it is saddening to reference the *annointed one's* race. It is not a racial issue here, I served with folks of all races creeds and national origins who are just as American as I am, even had a Cuban born refugee as a driver when I was a First Sergeant. Good guy, studying hard to get his US citizenship. So knock off the racist BS, it don't float here,
What IS important is the fact that WE all know what armed defense does against crime, and the fact that apparantly this happened in broad daylight? and the fact that this gal was accosted in front of a probable 5 star hotel is a statement of what this country is going to face more and more of if we let the progressive liberal pieces of excrement take away our right to keep and bear arms.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Because on the battlefield there is no such thing as race, gender or religion only a soldier...Having to trust another person with your life and being responsible for theirs has a way of allowing one to see clearly. . . Most people never have the honor to experience such clarity.

KansasMustang wrote:
Truly it is saddening to reference the *annointed one's* race. It is not a racial issue here, I served with folks of all races creeds and national origins who are just as American as I am, even had a Cuban born refugee as a driver when I was a First Sergeant. Good guy, studying hard to get his US citizenship. So knock off the racist BS, it don't float here,
What IS important is the fact that WE all know what armed defense does against crime, and the fact that apparantly this happened in broad daylight? and the fact that this gal was accosted in front of a probable 5 star hotel is a statement of what this country is going to face more and more of if we let the progressive liberal pieces of excrement take away our right to keep and bear arms.