• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

District Court Upholds Chicago Gun Ban

Johnyt101

imported post

This was a temporary loss for us, however even the judge hinted that this decision will most likely be overturned.

"This court should not be misunderstood as either rejecting or endorsing the logic of plaintiff's argument. It may well carry the day before a court that is unconstrained by the obligation to follow the unreversed precedent of a court that occupies a higher position in the judicial firmament," the decision stated.

After all, they are still bound by the 7th Circuit precedent because the 2A was never incorporated (cross my fingers that this case or the Nordyke casewill do that).

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1338487,chicago-handgun-gun-ban-upheld-121808.article

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

While I certainly understand the courts hands being tied by a superior court's precedents, and the judge certainly sounds sympathetic, I still think it is far past time to buy the O'Leary family a few new cows and a couple of kerosene lanterns.