Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new AWB, in all it's glory

Post imported post

http://www.2asisters.org/HR1022.htm

There's a newer one that I didn't know about until someone posted it further down the thread.

The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

That isn't new...it's from almost 2 years ago.

:P

Post imported post

Yup not new. You can bet the one they do introduce will be worse than that.

Band together. Its the only way.

Edited cause that didnt sound right...

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:

^This.

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:

Yup.
    "He's not going to be able to do all that stuff" Typical gun owner I encountered while trying to get them to support Ron Paul.

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:

Yes, but this is what they are going for. It is still in commitee and can still be brought to the floor for a vote.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

I read the list of "prohibited firearms", but I didn't see this one.

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Doug/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpg[/img]But it's only a bolt-action!
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:

Like this one better?

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.6257:

Also sitting in committee.

Post imported post

thorvaldr wrote:
    MetalChris wrote:

Like this one better?

Not really.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Appendix 'A' is a list of exempt weapons, if it's any consolation.

• `(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

• `(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or duplicates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this section, as such firearms were manufactured on October 1, 1993;

-ljp

Post imported post

Legba wrote:

• `(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or duplicates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this section, as such firearms were manufactured on October 1, 1993;
    -ljp
    Yes, I figured that one out.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    -ljp
    It's not a consolation. Why is this law so stupid? Yeah, I know anti-gunners write stupid laws. But really?

A mini 14 is OK, an SKS is OK if it doesn't have evil features, but an AR is specifically banned. WTF

And why do they need a list of bolt action rifles that are OK at the end of a semi auto ban. How stupid are these people?

And am I reading it wrong or does the ban on magazines bigger than 10 rounds not say they are only banning rifle magazines?

Post imported post

Wow,

Isure am glad I am part of the Virginia Militia. This stupid ban can't apply to me!!:celebrate

Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

• `(A) the manufacture for, transfer to, or possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States (including the United States Armed Forces and, under regulations pursuant to title 50, United States Code, the National Guard and Reserve), or a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State, or a transfer to or possession by a law enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement (whether on or off duty);

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

So, what should I be doing now to stop this nonsense from being enacted?

Post imported post

I hope we can just wait for rep. McCarthy to exhaust herself talking nonsense. At least there's no danger of this getting out of committee in the current session.

-ljp

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    I hope we can just wait for rep. McCarthy to exhaust herself talking nonsense. At least there's no danger of this getting out of committee in the current session.

-ljp
    I don't think Rep. McCarthy could ever get tired of talking nonsense. But yes, this will definitely sit safely in committee until Jan 20th at least.

Post imported post

cccook wrote:
    Stop voting for the same old same old. Get involved with your local Libertarian Party.
    Here in VA Beach the GOP has a breakfast nearly every Saturday morning, and they usually have a speaker from the state or local level and they take questions. I have been to a few and have yet to see any other OCers there. Last weeks the State rep there had voted against resuarant carry. Sure would have been nice to see some fellow gun owners/OCers show up in numbers and grilling him.

Post imported post

Ok, enough is enough. April Fool's Day isn't for a few months. Right now we know this won't happen, the almighty has told us that himself!

Why, if you read into it closely enough it could mean a ban on just about every firearm out there. I know I certainly saw quite a few non-black ones on the list when I thought about it.

Think I need to hide my Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun before it makes the list as a suppressed repeating assault rifle? I know I will melt my slingshot down before I get into too much trouble.

I know I am talking stupid, I'm just getting into the spirit of the language of the proposed ban.
    I aim to misbehave

Post imported post

thorvaldr wrote:
    MetalChris wrote:

Like this one better?

You have got to be F**KING kidding me...
    I aim to misbehave

Post imported post

Isn't this the bill Bush said he would sign if it got to his desk?

How about posting a new bill, instead of just trying to stir up the forum.

Post imported post

How new do you want it to be? It's waiting onObama to get it signed. He doesn't want to be left out.

H.R.6257

Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 (Introduced in House)
    [line]

Beginning
    June 12, 2008

Will Rogers

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    cccook wrote:
    Stop voting for the same old same old. Get involved with your local Libertarian Party.
    +1 The GOP just isn't pro-gun. Anybody who votes solely based on run rights should vote libertarian, because the LP is the only pro-gun political party (aside from the dreadful anti-Constitution Party).

Post imported post

Relax. They can't pass ANY Assault Weapons Ban, not on the federal level. Miller v US set the precedent that weapons useful "to contribute tothe common defense" and that "has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia" cannot be banned. DC v Heller upheld and solidified the prohibition against banning an entire class of weapons that can be shown to be "in common use". In Lewis v US, the Supreme Court stated that "the Second Amendment guarantees no right to keep and bear a firearm that does not have 'some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia'" (which, to a degree, Heller reversed); in doing so it upheld that weapons that DO havesome reasonable relationship to the preservation orefficiency of a well regulated militia are clearly protected, as consistently affirmed in Miller and Heller. All enemies, foreign and domestic, use assault weapons. Semiautomatic battle rifles such as the AR-15, AK-47, certain H&K models, to name a few; are clearly and unarguably in the interest of the efficiency of a well regulated militia, and worldwide distribution illustrates "in common use". Slick Willie's gun ban would've gone down like a sack of potatoes if anyone with a double digit IQ or better would have challenged it. They'll keep pumping out new AWB bills every year, but none can be passed because they're unconstitutional, and even if the Supreme Court becomes liberally slanted, they can't go against precedent, especially precedent affirmed throughout several cases. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Post imported post

But they do it anyways.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

Can't? The only word I know that sounds anything like CAN'T is the CANT when I parked my tank on a side slope and fired. They put a Cant compensator in the M1 Series tank so you didn't have to aim off to adjust.
    NEVER say a politician can't do something, because they will prove you wrong.
    I have heard that there's at least 20 if not more *Executive Orders* Obama intends to sign immediately after taking office, wonder what those will be? Anyone else heard this ??
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast